No motor racing hub for SG

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Will that mean more or less cheongsters on our roads?

They can go to West Malaysia North South Highway to speed. Don't do it in Singapore.

They claim motor race brings in $ but why only hotels near the track feel it? How do they compute the income and did they compute the losses?

Personally, I feel you don't need the super machine to race. If we are talking of skill the. Lower the speed but require more skill will be just as exciting. Less risk and inconvenience to others too. Hehe

They claim motor race brings in $ but why only hotels near the track feel it? How do they compute the income and did they compute the losses?

Personally, I feel you don't need the super machine to race. If we are talking of skill the. Lower the speed but require more skill will be just as exciting. Less risk and inconvenience to others too. Hehe

race maniacs should consider working as ambulance drivers. must get to hospital quickly and safely...speeding also nvm

In terms of motorsports, its not just about the equipment as well. Team co-ordination, weather, skills etc are among the things that you need

Its the hotels, the retail spots, the clubs, the tourism spots - they all benefit.

race maniacs should consider working as ambulance drivers. must get to hospital quickly and safely...speeding also nvm

ambulance drivers cannot anyhow speed on the road. Besides the ambulance got high CG. Tough to negotiate turn in high speed.

Police better. I heard their Subaru is the "unrestricted" version? Meaning you can achieve max speed given the space and skill. droll....

... and I've been wanting to try that "racing" gear. You know the one labelled with letter "R". :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Police better. I heard their Subaru is the "unrestricted" version? Meaning you can achieve max speed given the space and skill. droll....
Heard from sources, when TP chiong their Subaru Impreza WRX in the past. Engine will overheat and seize. :bsmilie:

Mishimoto Radiator retrofitting programme for Singapore Police Force (SPF): Traffic Police (TP) fleet of Subaru Impreza WRX.

Last edited:
SG does not have the space.
If it is constricted, the track looks unattractive.

No local critical mass to support the thing.
Not all of us are motor racing fans.

The various consortiums who responded to the Request For Information want too many concessions and the authority concludes the whole thing is not sustainable.
That is correct.

Last edited:
It's going to be a white Elephant anyway, built for few to enjoy as its too far away and not accessible to the general public.

Why need to waste land space for a few minor? There are plenty world class race track just hour away which probably cost a fraction. ....no brainier really...

Why need to waste land space for a few minor? There are plenty world class race track just hour away which probably cost a fraction. ....no brainier really...

Logically, yeah. That's a more level headed thinking. However the temptation of: "You have it, I also have it, but better" is too strong most of the times.

Look at F1. How much business we get? How much $ we have to fork out?

The electricity bill for the lighting our gahmen have to fork out gives me goose bump.

Last edited:
Logically, yeah. That's a more level headed thinking. However the temptation of: "You have it, I also have it, but better" is too strong most of the times.

If only Steve Jobs heed that advice when working on the iPhone...