No more Q for me

Hope they will hv a 1 inch sensor for next Q...maybe they can name it Q1 ;) and it same as Qute 1 meaning....good idea? Lolxx

Last edited:
So I might go for the K50. Has anyone seen those silicone body bump cover for the K-50?

This is a continuation of my previous question (sorry because I can't find a better thread to post my question).

I went to Cathay Photo at Marina Square to try, was told that they have no display no stock there.

The other day, I went to John 3:16. There was also no stock, and the guy tried to sell me Pana DM1.

Sameday, I went to SLR Revolution to try. There was a display set, with 02 lens attached. There was no SD card so I couldn't tell how good or bad is the photos and the guy was not interested to sell me as well. He was more interested to sell me Pana DM1 package. I was told it is hard to buy lens for Q7, and they don't sell as well when I asked about 01 lens.

Kind of sianz. I will go over to MS Colour at AMK Hub when I am free. Hope I can try and see some results there.

Also, if I want the 01 prime lens, when can I get it? Please pardon my ignorance, if I want to achieve the similar bokeh of what Nikon 1.8 50mm prime can do, 01 is the one that is closest right?

Another question is, I am bring my family to Korea in Oct. Is 01 or 02 suitable for scenery? I am kind of lazy to keep changing lenses. If 01 can work for all I will be happy.

Thanks.

This is a continuation of my previous question (sorry because I can't find a better thread to post my question).

I went to Cathay Photo at Marina Square to try, was told that they have no display no stock there.

The other day, I went to John 3:16. There was also no stock, and the guy tried to sell me Pana DM1.

Sameday, I went to SLR Revolution to try. There was a display set, with 02 lens attached. There was no SD card so I couldn't tell how good or bad is the photos and the guy was not interested to sell me as well. He was more interested to sell me Pana DM1 package. I was told it is hard to buy lens for Q7, and they don't sell as well when I asked about 01 lens.

Kind of sianz. I will go over to MS Colour at AMK Hub when I am free. Hope I can try and see some results there.

Also, if I want the 01 prime lens, when can I get it? Please pardon my ignorance, if I want to achieve the similar bokeh of what Nikon 1.8 50mm prime can do, 01 is the one that is closest right?

Another question is, I am bring my family to Korea in Oct. Is 01 or 02 suitable for scenery? I am kind of lazy to keep changing lenses. If 01 can work for all I will be happy.

Thanks.

Bokeh refers to the quality of the out of focus areas.
Shallow depth of field refers to the blur resulted because DOF is little.
The Q system won't easily do shallow DOF type shots like a 50/1.8 on aps-c.
Its not what it was conceptualized for.
If you want that, get a aps-c camera (even m4/3 won't give it as easily unless you are prepared to work with longer working distances because of the 2x crop factor with lenses like the 45/1.8 and 75/1.8)

You need to ask if the IQ is good enough for your needs.
For normal viewing and printing 4R,5R or even A4, I'd say that the Q is still ok.
If its for pixel peeping, then again, its better with aps-c

That said, if I wanted to travel light, I won't hesitate to use the Q (Q7 is better imo)
But if I want superb IQ, I will pair it with a Ricoh GR or a Sigma DP1m.

Better go to a store that has Q7 and try it out first.
You need the 02 lens for the focal length options of a zoom.
The 01 is a prime lens.

Some stuff I have done with Q7.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292695&highlight=pentax+Q7
http://www.seriouscompacts.com/showthread.php?t=27660

Thanks.

I think it's abit hard to find Pentax Stuff and those store don't really carry Pentax Stuff. Maybe you should try Clickr at Level 4 or TK photo at Level 2 of Funan.
MS colour maybe should have, but give a call before you go down.. 01 Lens will be hard to find but i believe you can pre-order it.

There's a rumor that a new Pentax Q is coming out, not much spec is out yet or how true the rumor is, hope it will be available before your trip.

As for comparing the 01 prime lens to the Nikon 1.8 50mm prime, the sensor of the Q is different from a APS-c Sensor i assume which you would use the 50mm 1.8 on, the smaller the sensor, i think the depth of field will be wider, so bokeh may not be as smooth or as thin as the APS-C sensor.

thank you all for the replies. I think q7 is sufficient for my usage. saw the the new Q, enhanced q7 model is coming out. I hope q7 price will drop!

went to tk foto just now. don't know if it is my problem, or their problem, the guy just keep pushing fujifilm to me, when i have said i wanted to have a look at pentax. keep saying q7 sensor very small, only 6 lenses, blah blah blah. in the end i did not try did not even touch.

is there anywhere in singapore that got sell pentax 01 lens?

went to tk foto just now. don't know if it is my problem, or their problem, the guy just keep pushing fujifilm to me, when i have said i wanted to have a look at pentax. keep saying q7 sensor very small, only 6 lenses, blah blah blah. in the end i did not try did not even touch.

is there anywhere in singapore that got sell pentax 01 lens?

Wow shocking that TK photo does that...

As for your query of the Pentax 01 lens, sorry, i have no idea on which shops offers it now. TK Photo and Clickr photo are the ones i know that should have Pentax Stuffs. CLickr need to pre order sometime. If not try contacting the distributor, Audio and Photo Distributor (APD), your next best option i guess. https://www.facebook.com/AudioPhotoDistributorSingapore/timeline

Wow shocking that TK photo does that...

As for your query of the Pentax 01 lens, sorry, i have no idea on which shops offers it now. TK Photo and Clickr photo are the ones i know that should have Pentax Stuffs. CLickr need to pre order sometime. If not try contacting the distributor, Audio and Photo Distributor (APD), your next best option i guess. https://www.facebook.com/AudioPhotoDistributorSingapore/timeline

Maybe this should be made known to apds.

Is there a rep here anymore?

I was at APD today and did ask about the 01lens.. APD shared that they still bring in the 01 lens.. Do contact them, so they can direct you to the retailer and pre order for you.

I went to MS Color at AMKHub just now. They sell Q7, but no display set for customer to try...... The main shop also same, the guy said.

As for 01 lens, they do not have stock, but can back order for customer.

Like that how to test test...... the guy also "recommended" Pana GM1 to me, citing bigger sensor as well. They price that they are selling is 579 for Q7, 330 for 01 lens. good price?

I went to MS Color at AMKHub just now. They sell Q7, but no display set for customer to try...... The main shop also same, the guy said.

Like that how to test test...... the guy also "recommended" Pana GM1 to me, citing bigger sensor as well. They price that they are selling is 579 for Q7, 330 for 01 lens. good price?

Yes, good price as it is lower than previous quotes.

Sad to say not much retailers have display set for user to test. Maybe going down to distributor then have display set, I think.

For the pricing, the q7 price look nice, dual lens kit??

01lens price, not sure as I dunno the market price.

Sad to say not much retailers have display set for user to test. Maybe going down to distributor then have display set, I think.

For the pricing, the q7 price look nice, dual lens kit??

01lens price, not sure as I dunno the market price.

nope, it is single lens kit, only the 02 lens

just now i check online, japan price is so much cheaper... duo lens kit ard 488sgd, single lens ard 380sgd...

u mean, the distro service centre at jalan bukit merah? quite far for me ......

Last edited:
Don't know the seller, but there is a very good deal right now in bns for A Q with 01 and fisheye.
Add a Q7 2 lens kit and the set is complete.
Thats basically what I have too