No more F-14 Tomcats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zplus said:
espn, that one wont die so soon lar...

Drudkh, thanks dude!

jsbn, yup, currently AIM-54 only used on Tomcats. But was tested on YF-12A and designed for F-111 but never deployed.

G-man... yeah... what a mistake I made... its the E and F Hornet model. Got some publicity in the show Behind Enemy Lines.... where it showed how good it handled before being shot down.... Yup, I like the fujimi tomcats a lot. Academy ones are the most affordable. Tamiya also makes them...;)

I think no Tomcat ever got shot down.;p

Tamiya makes them in 1/32 if you feel particularly rich. If you're referring to the 1/72, those are reboxings of Italeri's kits.

If you're lucky, you might be able to buy the Fujimi 1/72 Tomcat with Iranian AF markings. :-D

As I am typing this, there is a 1/72 F-14 Tomcat model sitting on top of my CPU. I like the one with a Calico Jack best!

:cry: , For this plane, i love the front view most , just like a bird with it winds wide spread.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
always reminds me of Macross...

That one, I got a model still not assemble yet. Must go down n see see if got 1/32 one for me or not, not for macross of course. Normal F-14 Tomcat plane.

Zplus said:
espn, that one wont die so soon lar...

Drudkh, thanks dude!

jsbn, yup, currently AIM-54 only used on Tomcats. But was tested on YF-12A and designed for F-111 but never deployed.

G-man... yeah... what a mistake I made... its the E and F Hornet model. Got some publicity in the show Behind Enemy Lines.... where it showed how good it handled before being shot down.... Yup, I like the fujimi tomcats a lot. Academy ones are the most affordable. Tamiya also makes them...;)

I think no Tomcat ever got shot down.;p
Thus I assume this legendary missile would go down with the legendary carrier interceptor aircraft?

RSAF shld have bought the F14 as well the last time... Including the technology for Phoneix missiles.... IF the US Military agrees.... :(

jsbn said:
Thus I assume this legendary missile would go down with the legendary carrier interceptor aircraft?

RSAF shld have bought the F14 as well the last time... Including the technology for Phoneix missiles.... IF the US Military agrees.... :(

Hehe... then kenna stuck with no maintenance since F-14 retires......Just look at Iranian F-14s... all not flyable already...;p

Its a matter of time before F-15 goes the same way (once F-22 Raptors are in full production and operation)...;)

Zplus said:
Hehe... then kenna stuck with no maintenance since F-14 retires......Just look at Iranian F-14s... all not flyable already...;p

Its a matter of time before F-15 goes the same way (once F-22 Raptors are in full production and operation)...;)

IRIAF Tomcats are still airworthy lah, go read AFM magazine for information on them.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
always reminds me of Macross...

Yup.. same here.. not to forget the show Top Gun too...

haiz.. sad to hear it..buta with a steep maintenance price tag, it gota go sooner or later..

Top gun is on hbo now... :sweat:

Oh no more top gun! :eek: I like F-14s too. Anyone have a video of it in real action? (Not top gun movie!) Better still can see the wings sweeping back.

Zplus said:

And who just brought a ton of F15s:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

wah my first model plane when I was young is F14! now no more liao

Zplus said:

The F-22 is meant to replace the F-15C not the F-15E "mudhen" :sweat:

I think they'll live on as Macross Valkyrie fighters next time:bsmilie:

Always thot they were too big and that the Hornets and Falcons looked prettier. Still its a legendary fighter with legendary missiles that kept the world's oceans' peace.

Klose said:
The F-22 is meant to replace the F-15C not the F-15E "mudhen" :sweat:

Hmmm... knowing the USAF/USN history....
F-15A = Fighter
F-15B = Trainer
F-15C = Fighter
F-15D = Trainer
... then realise they need to get some badly needed fighter bombers and the F-16's load is limited...
F-15E = Fighter-Bomber.....

F-14A = Fighter/Interceptor
F-14B = Upgrade
F-14C = Upgrade
... then realised that they retired the A-7 and A-6 and the limited early Hornets...
F-14D = Fighter-Bomber

So... wont be surprised if the F-22 was asked to move some mud in the near future....;p

eel said:
I think they'll live on as Macross Valkyrie fighters next time

Always thot they were too big and that the Hornets and Falcons looked prettier. Still its a legendary fighter with legendary missiles that kept the world's oceans' peace.

I am sure its a dreadful feeling to be the opposite side of the Tomcat...:bsmilie:

Zplus said:
So... wont be surprised if the F-22 was asked to move some mud in the near future....;p

Haven't you heard the old Strategic Air Command saying, "Fighter pilots make movies, strike pilots make history!"

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jsbn said:

ur right. IIRC, the phoneix missile system was created specifically for the F14 and fleet defense purposes - back in the bad old days where the USN was afraid of a massive bomber/missile attack by the russians on their carrier fleet.

afbug said:
Oh no more top gun! :eek: I like F-14s too. Anyone have a video of it in real action? (Not top gun movie!) Better still can see the wings sweeping back.

You want videos? I give you videos!!!!

F-14 mixed footage

Fighter Fling 2003

Personally I've always had a soft spot for British jets as compared to American jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.