Nixvue DA lite external bat pack question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
If anyone has the external battery pack for the Nixvue Digital Album or Album Lite and a multimeter or DVM then I'd like some assistance from you regarding the electrical parameters of the ext battery pack.

Hope somone can assist.

Ian

i have the DA lite and the batt pack from eastgear. What do you need to know?

ST1100 said:
i have the DA lite and the batt pack from eastgear. What do you need to know?

Hi ST1100,

Am interested in knowing the voltage across the plug of the battery pack and also the polarity (eg: centre positive or negative).

I've got a nixvue but the batt pack is extortionate to purchase here in Oz ... so am gonna roll my own.

i measured 5.08V at the output jack, positive on the centre. It'll probably read 6V with normal alkalines instead of NiMHs.

The pack takes 8 AAs, so i'm guessing it's 4 AAs in parallel with 4.

You might want to try ordering from Eastgear. It's around S$30m and quite well built, IMO. Even with postage, it might cost less to ship it over.

ST1100,

Many thanks for the info. How long do the NiMH power the unit for and what's their rating?

Thanks,
Ian

i've not got to test the pack extensively yet, since i have enough CF cards to last most days. Insport claimed in another thread that with the pack, he gets about 15GB of transfer, while w/o, the unit lasts for about 3-4GB.

ST1100 said:
i've not got to test the pack extensively yet, since i have enough CF cards to last most days. Insport claimed in another thread that with the pack, he gets about 15GB of transfer, while w/o, the unit lasts for about 3-4GB.

Many many thanks for all the info ST1100 .. I've now got enough info to roll my own (cost under $5 SGD) which I'll populate with 8 x 1800 mAH NiMH's.

Cheers,
Ian

ST1100 said:
i measured 5.08V at the output jack, positive on the centre. It'll probably read 6V with normal alkalines instead of NiMHs.

The pack takes 8 AAs, so i'm guessing it's 4 AAs in parallel with 4.

Actually the Nixvue 8 x AA external battery pack is 8 batteries connected in series. There is a regulator circuit built into the battery pack that steps down & regulate the voltage at exactly 5V. Hence regardless of whether you use alkalines or rechargeable batteries, the output voltage from the battery pack is always 5V. We tried to built our own battery pack (parallel circuit of 2 sets of 4 AAs in series) but found that it is not as efficient or last as long as the regulated battery pack.

Ian, you should have bought the battery pack from us when you got the Nixvue ;p

We got someone going back to Perth this Feb if you change your mind.

EastGear said:
Actually the Nixvue 8 x AA external battery pack is 8 batteries connected in series. There is a regulator circuit built into the battery pack that steps down & regulate the voltage at exactly 5V. Hence regardless of whether you use alkalines or rechargeable batteries, the output voltage from the battery pack is always 5V. We tried to built our own battery pack (parallel circuit of 2 sets of 4 AAs in series) but found that it is not as efficient or last as long as the regulated battery pack.

Ian, you should have bought the battery pack from us when you got the Nixvue ;p

We got someone going back to Perth this Feb if you change your mind.

Eastgear, thanks for the info, PM me a good price and I may buy one yet! (Also when is your 'mule' heading down here in Feb?) ...

Thanks,
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.