Nissin i40 flash

225 cash

so this flash got different version for different brands, m43 mount etc? i thot hotshoes are universal
Anywhere else has stocks anyone knows?

so this flash got different version for different brands, m43 mount etc? i thot hotshoes are universal
Anywhere else has stocks anyone knows?

Mount more or less the same, problem is the pin configuration for TTL differs

just curious, for OMD EM-5 can i use my cam to trigger this nissin i40 as slave flash? or need a flash trigger? so i can do off shoe flash.

just curious, for OMD EM-5 can i use my cam to trigger this nissin i40 as slave flash? or need a flash trigger? so i can do off shoe flash.

Googled and read the site (their phrasing is pretty bad) but it seems that you can trigger the flash using the slave mode without a need for flash trigger, bad thing is of course, anyone can just trigger your flash and I don't recall the E-M5 having a built in flash,

Also, it's said that it supports wireless TTL, but it's not really clear in its explanation either

You can do wireless TTL using the clip-on flash that come with your EM-5. It also have S1 & S2 for optical slave.

Googled and read the site (their phrasing is pretty bad) but it seems that you can trigger the flash using the slave mode without a need for flash trigger, bad thing is of course, anyone can just trigger your flash and I don't recall the E-M5 having a built in flash,

Also, it's said that it supports wireless TTL, but it's not really clear in its explanation either

thanks both!

You can do wireless TTL using the clip-on flash that come with your EM-5. It also have S1 & S2 for optical slave.

Nissin i40 flash for 43 available again. Under new distributor Swissco. Just got my today from Alan foto funan. They still got one piece left..

Thanks for the lead. I bought from them. I think Orient Photo has stock too (saw their fb). TK photo doesnt carry nissin and SLRR doesnt have stock for m43.

Thanks for the lead. I bought from them. I think Orient Photo has stock too (saw their fb). TK photo doesnt carry nissin and SLRR doesnt have stock for m43.

You can check our RDP's shop in Funan. Saw a couple of i40 (m43 mount) the other day.

Alan funan has stock.. Bought one for 224 cash

Any feedback or review of this flash?

Not much review out there for this flash but it looks really compact and powerful for such a small unit.

Hi all just bought the flash yesterday at Alan they have 1 pc left. Anw it's my first time using external flash. What's the best mode to use it in? I tried aperture priority on my em1 with flash in auto and the shutter speed is fixed at 1/60 I can't change it. Also how does ttl work in simple terms? Thanks!

Any feedback or review of this flash?

Not much review out there for this flash but it looks really compact and powerful for such a small unit.

[video=youtube;zciZoc55_zQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zciZoc55_zQ[/video]

Hi all just bought the flash yesterday at Alan they have 1 pc left. Anw it's my first time using external flash. What's the best mode to use it in? I tried aperture priority on my em1 with flash in auto and the shutter speed is fixed at 1/60 I can't change it. Also how does ttl work in simple terms? Thanks!

Had mine a couple of days and its a very easy to use flash for the non-professional and looking for a compact flash for m43. Haven't tried all the features like slave mode or video light, but happy with it so far.

Only complaint is due to 4 AA batts its heavy though compact so my EM5 flips over and hangs upside down frm the strap lol. Using a 17/1.8 with no grip so its quite imbalanced. Not sure if it hangs right on a EM1 with 12-40 for example.

For indoor bounce flash, I will set camera to M mode.. Iso 800 f2.8 1/60 to 1/100 and adjust accordingly to get a slightly underexposed ambient light. flash head bounce up and slightly behind me with flash on TTL to hit the correct exposure on subject. I40 makes it easy to dial in the correct flash EV comp with a simple dial.

Had mine a couple of days and its a very easy to use flash for the non-professional and looking for a compact flash for m43. Haven't tried all the features like slave mode or video light, but happy with it so far.

Only complaint is due to 4 AA batts its heavy though compact so my EM5 flips over and hangs upside down frm the strap lol. Using a 17/1.8 with no grip so its quite imbalanced. Not sure if it hangs right on a EM1 with 12-40 for example.

For indoor bounce flash, I will set camera to M mode.. Iso 800 f2.8 1/60 to 1/100 and adjust accordingly to get a slightly underexposed ambient light. flash head bounce up and slightly behind me with flash on TTL to hit the correct exposure on subject. I40 makes it easy to dial in the correct flash EV comp with a simple dial.

good to hear that it works well with EM5. Did u try using high speed sync?

i also wan to hoot liao
but the markings will wear off siol...

4eef5a8823e84857b174b7ad22609225

Last edited: