Nissin flash Di622 canon - remote

denisme

Aug 5, 2009
Hi Guys,

I've posted the same here but got no joy, was wondering if anyone here can help.

Basically I'm trying to figure out a way for me to use my Nissin 622 Mk1 remotely with my 5D2.

Did a lot of search but no confirmed answer, saw a "Phantom Hercules", but not sure if will work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I've posted the same here but got no joy, was wondering if anyone here can help.

Basically I'm trying to figure out a way for me to use my Nissin 622 Mk1 remotely with my 5D2.

Did a lot of search but no confirmed answer, saw a "Phantom Hercules", but not sure if will work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

erm.. buy a set of wirless trigger and receiver? there's many brands out there, from the elite pocketwizard to really cheap ones that's probably $40 dollars or so. Pick one that suits your current and possibly, future needs.

sorry for the noob question, are there any compatibility by model or will all remote trigger and receiver work the same?

sorry for the noob question, are there any compatibility by model or will all remote trigger and receiver work the same?

Depends by model. high end ones that support high speed sync or advanced features like E-TTL will go by brands (Canon mount, Nikon mount etc.) due to the different codes used by different brands.

Lower end models that serves the basic features can be shared among model.

When in doubt, buy from a reputable shop and clarify any compatibility issues with the staffs there.

Di622 mark i can be quite picky on which remote works on it or doesn't. Best to check before buying.

Otherwise, you can trigger it optically by the other flash.

The Nissin Di622 mark I has an SD optical slave built in so it must be used with a TTL flash as it will ignore the digital preflash and fire with the exposure flash. To turn it on, you simply press and hold the mode button until the power LED on back begins to blink. You can then set the power on the flash manually and now it is and Optical slave flash. If you have any more questions feel free to send them along. I work for Minox USA we're the official importer of Nissin in the US.

Thanks for the answers. The thing is I wanna trigger it without a foreground flash. Guess I'll just have to drop by a shop n ask then to let me test the remote one by one.. :(