Nissin Di622 Mark II for Canon 5D Mk II

frappecal

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
Hi everyone, im having problems with my Nissin Di622 Mark II for Canon 5D Mark II. It does not seem compatible, the flash will become immobile after 1 shot. Is there a problem with the firmware on either the Flash or the camera body, could you advise me? On Nissin's official website, the Di622 Mark II is said to be compatible with a Canon 5D Mark II. Thank you for your insights(=

Hi everyone, im having problems with my Nissin Di622 Mark II for Canon 5D Mark II. It does not seem compatible, the flash will become immobile after 1 shot. Is there a problem with the firmware on either the Flash or the camera body, could you advise me? On Nissin's official website, the Di622 Mark II is said to be compatible with a Canon 5D Mark II. Thank you for your insights(=
Immobile? I think it's a good idea that flashes don't run around on their own..
Could you please describe a bit more in detail? Are you using it as hot shoe flash or wireless remote flash? Did your flash work earlier but stopped now? Have you tried any other (e.g. Canon ) flash? Have you tried the Nissin flash on a different camera? What error messages do you get on camera or on flash display? Are you able to manage the flash via camera menu? Have you checked the hot shoe contacts? For firmware updates please consult the respective Canon and Nissin websites. It's all explained there, including the steps to apply any updates.
Have you tried Google and found any general problems reported for the combination 5D2 and Nissin 622 II?

I only have the problem while on the hot shoe hatch. It fires off once, then the system jams, the Nissin flash cannot fire off and has problems switching it off, I had to directly take out the batteries. On the Nissin official website it states that the Nissin DI622 mark 2 is compatible with the 5dm2. So I'm not too sure where the problem lies?

Immobile? I think it's a good idea that flashes don't run around on their own..?
Haha!! Cheeky!!

Well, I think Octarine has listed quite a comprehensive list of solutions...do post back here if you managed to solve the problem so that others can learn too. :) Good luck!

Lol your guess is as good as mine. After all i've used di622 mark i with 5d2 and no problem. In fact my 622 is a bit of a whore having been used by 1000d, 60d and 5d2 :bsmilie: