Nissin Di622 Mark II flash vs Nikon SB600

ecurbw

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

Anyone using this Nissin flash?

How does it compare to Nikon's own flashes such as the SB600?

Seems Nissin is cheaper so might want to get the Nissin one.

The nissin has a stronger GN compare to Nikon SB-600. (Meaning stronger flash power)
SB-600 would be slightly advantageous if you wanna do remote flashes. (Nikon CLS)
I had mk1 b4 but I do not trust it's i-TTL. Not too sure abt mk2 though.

The nissin has a stronger GN compare to Nikon SB-600. (Meaning stronger flash power)
SB-600 would be slightly advantageous if you wanna do remote flashes. (Nikon CLS)
I had mk1 b4 but I do not trust it's i-TTL. Not too sure abt mk2 though.

MkII supports CLS, but only channel 1 group A (cannot change), so if you need to trigger multiple Nissin Di622 Mk2s in different groups, you're out of luck, unless you set one to a "dumb" slave mode, but it's troublesome. Also, its range for receiving the IR signal is lower than the SB-600, though it's still quite far

Hi,

Anyone else has feedback on the flashes? Thanks!

Does the 622 provide BL and FP modes? I know sb600 does.

Hi ok.

Don't think 622 provides.

Thanks for the feedback!

FP is fast speed sync. BL is balanced lighting and is used when filling in with bright background.

I don't think it's just for bright backgrounds, I think it's supposed to balance the flash with the ambient light. Or at least that is what the name suggests

I don't think it's just for bright backgrounds, I think it's supposed to balance the flash with the ambient light. Or at least that is what the name suggests

ya, sort of. But it works the best when the subject is back lit. ;)

And also there are some new info people are talking about about the TTL/BL mode that is worth mentioning:

[vid]he35-IRSd2c[/vid]

Last edited:
if got more budget then better choose nikon..
my Nissin di622 defect within a yr.maybe my luck no good

if got more budget then better choose nikon..
my Nissin di622 defect within a yr.maybe my luck no good

Thanks dude!

Will look at SB700....