Nina

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesneo

Jan 1, 2006
Hi all, to be frank, was rather hesitant in posting pic of my daughter on the web for fear of mishandling... but was encouraged by the many who posted and shared their bundles of joy with us here in Clubsnap.

I had observed the lighting from the windows to the right of the pic giving the hall a unique balanced, soft atmostphere. I took advantage of the situation and had my daughter (7 yrs old...) posed for me. I am a film shooter. Fuji Superia 200 with negative scanned at the lab. Shot on my trusty EOS1v with 50mm f1.8mkII. Corrected the greenish hue (common to Fuji film) on Photoshop.

I love this shot, makes me amazed how fast my little baby is growing up and how I wanna give her the best.

Just wanna share with you all.

Nina1.jpg

Nice picture, and a very adorable girl you have. :D
Just take note, if you want to post more pictures of her on the Internet, it's advisable not to post any pictures with her in her school uniforms, or with background that could tell people where she frequents. :nono:

hongjone said:
Nice picture, and a very adorable girl you have. :D
Just take note, if you want to post more pictures of her on the Internet, it's advisable not to post any pictures with her in her school uniforms, or with background that could tell people where she frequents. :nono:

Thanks hongjone, good points. Will take note.

try adding a watermark if you want some extra security, make it a HUGE one to be even more sure. ;)

most members adds a watermark to their pics anyway.. hehe

sorry. I dun understand...why add a watermark for extra security? Wat can it do beside telling others that the picture is copyrighted to the owner? New to the hobby,please explain. Thanks

~Arcanic~ said:
try adding a watermark if you want some extra security, make it a HUGE one to be even more sure. ;)

most members adds a watermark to their pics anyway.. hehe

hifisiao said:
sorry. I dun understand...why add a watermark for extra security? Wat can it do beside telling others that the picture is copyrighted to the owner? New to the hobby,please explain. Thanks

I guess adding a watermark will discourage anyone from downloading the pic and using it elsewhere... more so because watermarks are difficult to be touched up in Photoshop, so people won't bother in the first place...

But most if not all watermark i see being used are embedded at the bottom of the images, cant I just crop a little off the image then?

lesneo said:
I guess adding a watermark will discourage anyone from downloading the pic and using it elsewhere... more so because watermarks are difficult to be touched up in Photoshop, so people won't bother in the first place...

Yeah you can do that... I guess that's what ~Arcanic~ means when he/she said that the bigger the watermark, the better... to discourage people from actually using the pic...

hifisiao said:
But most if not all watermark i see being used are embedded at the bottom of the images, cant I just crop a little off the image then?

:bsmilie: you haven seen some other member's watermark..

some of them their watermark you see already u also dun want to leech the pic liaoz... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.