Nikonzen

Ok bro. I am not taking care of APAD but will ask a fellow mod to move them for you. Just give us a little time bro.

Do your thing sir don't be in no rush for me you have all the time in the world...I appreciate you Albert thanks... :)

In case of mystery...I have known Albert for a little bit now...Victor aka "Bukitimah" a little bit as well from other places...this is how I came across CS and Singapore. I like to call Albert - NatGeo - because his stuff reminds me of what I see in National Geographic...first rate!

Last edited:
Well see Spore people are wise...drive new cars instead of old classic hot rods that you have to work on all of the time and only get 7 miles per gallon fuel economy...LOL

The car is a 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle naturally aspirated. The 138 number in a vehicle identification number referring to the model of Chevelle. A 136 car is just a plain old Malibu with a skinny block Chevy. A 138 car is a true Super Sport SS car which had the fat block engine. Something akin to like in a Honda B16 and B18 considered by Americans to be "skinny" block where a H24 is considered akin to a "big" block. Yeah I know they are on K motor now but I'm old school guy...

Don't worry man I have you covered on the automobiles just stay tuned! I have literally hundreds of snaps of hot rods and all sorts of automobilia and I have a few video clips we'll see about getting thrown up (or at least links) that will really blow your mind...

PS Where there are hot rods there are women! The only thing I like better than cars... hehehaha :D

driving new cars are sometimes forced by circumstances making driving old cars less worthy and sometimes more expensive.
U can google up on "Buying cars in Singapore" and "Certificate Of Entitlement aka COE". Singapore is the most expensive place to drive a car.
Not only the price is high,but it was literally buying on "lease". Yes it is "lease" because after 10 years,the car that u drive either have to be scrapped or renew COE for another 5 or 10 years option. Current COE stands at about SGD65k(probably about USD50K) for 10 years. afterwhich the cycle repeats until the car gets 30 years old where we consider as vintage which can be allowed to drive for at most 27(IIRC) days per year.

I can't wait to see your hotrods..haha...
We didn't have any or at least not that I know of or seen in Singapore so iam not very familiar with it but always very nice to see them over internet...very cool looking cars...especially the one driven by Vin Diesel where the Individual Throttle Body was exposed...damn cool...but if u are talking about Honda B series engine,yes I know them..haha
So Naturally Aspirated car manufactured in 1967 with 375 horses?

Last edited:
Many American muscle cars of that era were actually underrated on their ponies a lot of that to do with Ralph Nader who wrote a book called Unsafe at any speed which shined a spotlight on the US auto industry and it's safety record (apparently they didn't learn anything from him either because there is great big scandal with GM and others at this time). Anyways because of Nader we started to see seat belts and safety related things like that mandated by the government. So to keep Nader off their backs and also to keep insurance rates affordable for their customers the big auto makers seriously underrated many of the HP figures for their higher end muscle cars.

I am somewhat familiar with this COE deal you all are up against. I feel like it is probably necessary for SP because of the situation. In fact as much as I love automobiles I prefer to walk or ride a bike nowadays. Fortunately I am able to do this because I don't really go anywhere anymore except to work. It is hard to live in America without a ride though unless you live in a major city with good mass transit systems. My community is a small town of 20K people just outside a mid sized city of around 500K - 1 million people so it is a bit easier for me to walk places. Whenever I have lived in Tulsa though I have pretty much always needed a car.

BTW I drive 1987 model Chevy S10 pick up truck...maybe next year Sick 10 gets V8 and some spray to make her run like a striped @ss ape! :D

Last edited:
I am a sucker for the Chevy 427 block... what a beauty. Get a rolling Cobra kit from South Africa, mount a 427 in there with a tranny... wow...

drool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Cob...ersary_Cobra_Limited_Edition_CSX8000_(02).jpg

I have special picture for you tomorrow too sir..I have worked on such a car before although it was a kit car and not an orginal aluminum body. I was able to drive it down the street and back to shop just to be able to say I have driven one. Still considered to be one of the fastest production cars ever made. They are truly beasts. Cobra is a very apt name for the car. If new Corvette or Supra or whatever is like D4S than Cobra is like F! All business nothing else...one of the most unique cars ever made IMO.

Last edited:
Many American muscle cars of that era were actually underrated on their ponies a lot of that to do with Ralph Nader who wrote a book called Unsafe at any speed which shined a spotlight on the US auto industry and it's safety record (apparently they didn't learn anything from him either because there is great big scandal with GM and others at this time). Anyways because of Nader we started to see seat belts and safety related things like that mandated by the government. So to keep Nader off their backs and also to keep insurance rates affordable for their customers the big auto makers seriously underrated many of the HP figures for their higher end muscle cars.

I am somewhat familiar with this COE deal you all are up against. I feel like it is probably necessary for SP because of the situation. In fact as much as I love automobiles I prefer to walk or ride a bike nowadays. Fortunately I am able to do this because I don't really go anywhere anymore except to work. It is hard to live in America without a ride though unless you live in a major city with good mass transit systems. My community is a small town of 20K people just outside a mid sized city of around 500K - 1 million people so it is a bit easier for me to walk places. Whenever I have lived in Tulsa though I have pretty much always needed a car.

BTW I drive 1987 model Chevy S10 pick up truck...maybe next year Sick 10 gets V8 and some spray to make her run like a striped @ss ape! :D

I see...so was the 138 a V12 5litre engine?
Hope to see more underhood shots of the hotrods...haha

138 just code for model version...in 67 Velle this would be 396 cubic inch displacement 6.5 liter...V12 is a euro deal...tiny pistons compared to BB Chevy.

Will get you all some car pics soon.

Must go to bed now it is 3:18 AM here probably what about high noon or 1 PM in SP right now?

138 just code for model version...in 67 Velle this would be 396 cubic inch displacement 6.5 liter...V12 is a euro deal...tiny pistons compared to BB Chevy.

Will get you all some car pics soon.

Must go to bed now it is 3:18 AM here probably what about high noon or 1 PM in SP right now?

looks like 10 hours of time difference @ 5:23pm here.

U getting the block for your ride in China?haha

banned in china. LOL. will never pass registration check. But luckily, nowadays I am into slow moving 4 wheelers, helps me get closer to the birds. LOL

I have special picture for you tomorrow too sir..I have worked on such a car before although it was a kit car and not an orginal aluminum body. I was able to drive it down the street and back to shop just to be able to say I have driven one. Still considered to be one of the fastest production cars ever made. They are truly beasts. Cobra is a very apt name for the car. If new Corvette or Supra or whatever is like D4S than Cobra is like F! All business nothing else...one of the most unique cars ever made IMO.

I just died of envy.... the fastest rod I was in was an old modified stingray. Was also in an 86 slantnose 911 turbo that was super fast. But Porsche was not considered a rod. It did boast over 350 horses at lowest boost, and more than 480 horses at high boost.

Last edited:
Jeff, we were trying to move your pictures over, but they are intertwined with discussion and commentary. I think it will be easier if you start a new APAD thread.

You can start one here. A Picture A Day (APAD), or you can do A picture whenever possible. ;)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191

OK we shall lay this thread to rest then... :)

I held this bird in my hands. Found him on the road one morning. Just sitting there not worried at all about getting run over so I picked him up and took him to work with me. He stayed there sleeping for like 6 hours and not to long after I took this picture he opened his eyes looked at me kind of strange like and just flew off...weirdest thing...

OK we shall lay this thread to rest then... :) I held this bird in my hands. Found him on the road one morning. Just sitting there not worried at all about getting run over so I picked him up and took him to work with me. He stayed there sleeping for like 6 hours and not to long after I took this picture he opened his eyes looked at me kind of strange like and just flew off...weirdest thing... http://s118.photobucket.com/user/runwhatyoubrung/media/hawk.jpg.html

Looks like Sparrowhawk in our country. Do u have such species there too?

Looks like Sparrowhawk in our country. Do u have such species there too?

Yes. Prairie Falcons all sorts of cool birds...road runners, owls, crows, hummingbirds, blue birds, on and on...someday I will get a long lens and explore that side of photography. I am very fortunate to live in the midst of an abundance of wildlife from reptiles to fish, large mammals to small furry ones.

Yes. Prairie Falcons all sorts of cool birds...road runners, owls, crows, hummingbirds, blue birds, on and on...someday I will get a long lens and explore that side of photography. I am very fortunate to live in the midst of an abundance of wildlife from reptiles to fish, large mammals to small furry ones.

Cool...I saw your photo on the deer.. That's so cool to see them in the wild.