Nikonzen

So a little bit more about myself... I live on a small family farm right outside of Tulsa. Suburbia but yet still very rural in many ways. Lots of small family farms. Horses, cows, deer, ducks, catfish, etc.

I'm am just going to get this 50 post thing over and done with so I can hopefully make my photos upload more quickly.

Here are some snaps I made a few days ago walking around the farm enjoying fall. D5000 and 35/2.8 or 135/2.8.

nww1.bmp

Those images are straight out of camera jpegs resized only! :D

Hi Nikonzen, welcome to ClubSNAP.
Well, you are blessed with a nice scenery nearby your place. Do share more of your work, there are several photo galleries waiting for your images :)

Thank you Octarine. Yes I am fortunate. I live on a 150 acre family farm...that would be about a third of the acreage of Bukit Timah right? :bigeyes:

Since I am entirely unorganized, before I go to these galleries in full force, I am going to throw up some random old images. Nothing special just some eye candy for you guys that is probably a bit different than what you see most of the time...

So to start off with...Rick English is his name and installing window glass in vehicles is his game...love this shot because I love it when people wag their fingers at me when I shoot at them! haha D5K and 50/2 non Ai

Last edited:
America is very autocentric because of the great wide open. This is particularly true in the mid west where I live. Out here on the plains we love us some big block rat motor heavy metal like this one...the crossed flags on the fender indicate this car is equipped with the 396...this one a film shot probably F2 w/ DE-1 and Fuji Pro 160...

Last edited:
Welcome to "Singapore" and good to hear from someone at another part of the earth..lol.. Nice images but probably would be good to start a new thread of your own in an appropriate section of the forum so more people could appreciate your arts :)

Hi Jeff, welcome to CS. I do hope you can share more of your works with the community!

Welcome to "Singapore" and good to hear from someone at another part of the earth..lol.. Nice images but probably would be good to start a new thread of your own in an appropriate section of the forum so more people could appreciate your arts :)

This is my thread gosh dang it! LOL Thanks for the welcome though! :)
I need to be more organized before I get off into those galleries so just some random ding dong stuff in this thread for now.

Hi Jeff, welcome to CS. I do hope you can share more of your works with the community!

Thank you I intend to do just that...love your guys' photography.

One last snap before I go for the night...made by my 11 year old son (at that time) using a Nikon FE with 135/2.8 and good old cheap drugstore film and processing...it is good to be able to put a face to a poster so here you go...a shot of my ugly mug...haha

Note. After we get past this page images should upload much faster as I have changed to using my photobucket versus my server.

U can consider posting under "A Photo A Day" sub-folder found in "Photo Galleries" where there are no fixed genre and suitable for your ding dong stuffs...lol

I can help move your images to photo gallery Jeff. Just say the word.

America is very autocentric because of the great wide open. This is particularly true in the mid west where I live. Out here on the plains we love us some big block rat motor heavy metal like this one...the crossed flags on the fender indicate this car is equipped with the 396...this one a film shot probably F2 w/ DE-1 and Fuji Pro 160...

this is a very cool classic hotrod.
what's under the hood?haha

That would be great Albert I probably would like to go for the photo a day deal because I am so scatter brained...

Turbonetics...boy do I have some cool stuff for you if you like cars! Turbonetics huh??? Tomorrow I shall post something special up just for you my friend... :)

The car depicted has sort of a history with me...I did the interior in said car and my dad did a lot of metal work on it. It is a true 138 car so true Super Sport with a 375 HP 396 CID and a 4 speed. The car has changed hands at least 3 times in the past year last I heard it was painted black and sent to Cali. That sort of car in the shape it was in with the black paint (in photo it is just roughed in) will bring about 35-40K US dollars. This one was just a damn fine driver as everything was new and refurbished.

Around here we do a lot of street racing...in fact Hollywood has come to our state capitol and they put on a reality tv show called Street Outlaws showcasing some of our cars. You see Oklahoma is home to some of the fastest street racers in the USA and thus the world. We do it a little different here and the rest of the planet is just now learning some of our secrets. The thing we do better than anyone else is we get big horsepower to hook up on the street (vs the strip) and if you have ever tried that you know just how difficult it is then. We don't start from a roll but rather from a dig. One of the things you will not see often is what is under the hood. :devil:

Big money trades hands...it is illegal to do it in the road and it is illegal to gamble on it too but when it comes to hot rods you can bet that the rebel streak shines through here in the States.

Last edited:
That would be great Albert I probably would like to go for the photo a day deal because I am so scatter brained...

Turbonetics...boy do I have some cool stuff for you if you like cars! Turbonetics huh??? Tomorrow I shall post something special up just for you my friend... :)

The car depicted has sort of a history with me...I did the interior in said car and my dad did a lot of metal work on it. It is a true 138 car so true Super Sport with a 375 HP 396 CID and a 4 speed. The car has changed hands at least 3 times in the past year last I heard it was painted black and sent to Cali. That sort of car in the shape it was in with the black paint (in photo it is just roughed in) will bring about 35-40K US dollars. This one was just a damn fine driver as everything was new and refurbished.

Around here we do a lot of street racing...in fact Hollywood has come to our state capitol and they put on a reality tv show called Street Outlaws showcasing some of our cars. You see Oklahoma is home to some of the fastest street racers in the USA and thus the world. We do it a little different here and the rest of the planet is just now learning some of our secrets. The thing we do better than anyone else is we get big horsepower to hook up on the street (vs the strip) and if you have ever tried that you know just how difficult it is then. We don't start from a roll but rather from a dig. One of the things you will not see often is what is under the hood. :devil:

Big money trades hands...it is illegal to do it in the road and it is illegal to gamble on it too but when it comes to hot rods you can bet that the rebel streak shines through here in the States.

From my nick iam sure u know what it is right?lol
iam quite into cars but has more to learn from u..haha
In Singapore most of our cars are of new(not more than 10 years old) models so its pretty hard to find a classic around.
which year was this car manufacture in? and what does the term 138 means?
hope to see and would love to appreciate more rides from other part of the world :)

Ok bro. I am not taking care of APAD but will ask a fellow mod to move them for you. Just give us a little time bro.

Well see Spore people are wise...drive new cars instead of old classic hot rods that you have to work on all of the time and only get 7 miles per gallon fuel economy...LOL

The car is a 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle naturally aspirated. The 138 number in a vehicle identification number referring to the model of Chevelle. A 136 car is just a plain old Malibu with a skinny block Chevy. A 138 car is a true Super Sport SS car which had the fat block engine. Something akin to like in a Honda B16 and B18 considered by Americans to be "skinny" block where a H24 is considered akin to a "big" block. Yeah I know they are on K motor now but I'm old school guy...

Don't worry man I have you covered on the automobiles just stay tuned! I have literally hundreds of snaps of hot rods and all sorts of automobilia and I have a few video clips we'll see about getting thrown up (or at least links) that will really blow your mind...

PS Where there are hot rods there are women! The only thing I like better than cars... hehehaha :D

Last edited: