Nikon Flash on Canon Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordpain

Feb 22, 2007
Im currently using a canon 400d with a nikon speedlite. I was wondering why is the TTL not working. Its there compatibility issues? Maybe someone could tell me the differences and persuade me to get myself a new canon flash.

each brand uses their own system of flash control... thus one brand's system of flash TTL will not work TTL with any other brand's camera...

Some may advise taping up all the pins except the middle pin, then using it in manual mode.
I only use my Nikon flash for off camera flash now :)

oh... so no wonder its giving me wrong focal length readings. maybe ill try the taping method until i get a new flash. thanks guys.

If shooting manual still have to tape pins? I've previously shot (nikon flash on Oly body) without pins and works for me...

Actually I don't believe that pin-taping is necessary, I've shot without taping with no problem, but I read some stories online that it might fry camera or flash or rice. So thought it might be better to be safe :)

If shooting manual still have to tape pins? I've previously shot (nikon flash on Oly body) without pins and works for me...
Nikon on Oly body may work without tape because I believe the pins on N are not overlapping the O pins. I would however be very careful if I used Canon flash on Oly or Oly flash on Canon because there is a pinwise compatibility. Canon has one more pins than Oly but all the pins are just where Oly has them. That is actually an advantage for Oly, since it enables the use of Canon Cord 2 to be used on Oly, like I did. Saves a lot of money, since it is half of Oly original price.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=252504

Status
Not open for further replies.