Nikon F80 AF prob with sigma HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
is there any known compatibility problem with F80 n sigma HSM lenses??

cos i was trying out this 70-200/2.8 lens.. at 1st it was working fine. but after a few tries to focus, the lens refused to focus anymore. had to switch the camera off then on again b4 it works.

so juz wondering if this is a known problem. thanks!

Derek

Hi. I had tried to use a 70-200 HSM on my F65 too before. That time i am using press 800 film, and it is quite a sunny day. And i am in Aperture priorty. And i stupidly set the aperture to f2.8, and the camera reported that the shutter can't go any faster beyond 1/2000 sec to prevent over exposure. So it refuse to focus.

Are you seeing the same problem. If not, then F80 shouldn't had "refuse to focus" problem with HSM 70-200.

Hope i did help in some way. :)

It happens to F80 as well.
Last year while I was evaluating the len,
I've noticed or rather encountered that the Sigma len tends to hunt alot. - This is not not an isolated case.

Originally posted by hackie
is there any known compatibility problem with F80 n sigma HSM lenses??

cos i was trying out this 70-200/2.8 lens.. at 1st it was working fine. but after a few tries to focus, the lens refused to focus anymore. had to switch the camera off then on again b4 it works.

so juz wondering if this is a known problem. thanks!

Derek

there was a problem with early models of the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 with Nikon F80/F100's with the auto focus locking up.

The problem was solved by a new chip in the lens and have heard of people getting the chip replaced in older models.

Is the lens new or second hand?

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi. I had tried to use a 70-200 HSM on my F65 too before. That time i am using press 800 film, and it is quite a sunny day. And i am in Aperture priorty. And i stupidly set the aperture to f2.8, and the camera reported that the shutter can't go any faster beyond 1/2000 sec to prevent over exposure. So it refuse to focus.

Are you seeing the same problem. If not, then F80 shouldn't had "refuse to focus" problem with HSM 70-200.

Hope i did help in some way. :)

i was using ISO400 on a cloudy day with shutter speed ard 1/400.
focussing was fine at 1st.. but locked after a few tries.. :dunno:

Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy

there was a problem with early models of the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 with Nikon F80/F100's with the auto focus locking up.

The problem was solved by a new chip in the lens and have heard of people getting the chip replaced in older models.

Is the lens new or second hand?
its a 2nd hand but in mint condition.. so guess i'll have to ask the seller to get it rechipped..... thanks! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.