Nikon D90 good for newbie noobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherQX

Apr 6, 2009
some advices i received was to use lower models, learn step by step...

otherwise use Canon 1st....

so if I am totally new to DSLR, will D90 be too complicated?

some advices i received was to use lower models, learn step by step...

otherwise use Canon 1st....

so if I am totally new to DSLR, will D90 be too complicated?

why not? If I have the $$$ I would got a 5DmkII as my first DSLR lor.. :bsmilie:

no nn to bother about what other tell u cos in the end, u are the gonna use it lor. ;)

D90 nothing too complicated even for a new user...

Just rem to

Read more

Shoot more

and

Post more :bsmilie:

D90 will be a good to start off, there are always instructional manual and it come with dial selector to choose ur desired settings like portraits, landscapes and etc...

Using lower models won't make things any easier. You should go to the shops or friends who own a D90 to get a hands on with the camera.
Best of luck with your purchase:)

thanks guys......ALOT for me to learn.......=)
but my mind seems to be set on D90!!!! =)

Why not just list down all the entry level cams from each brand and go to a shop to try them out. Just get the one that is most comfortable to you and you can also see for yourself how easy it is to use for each cam.

actually any camera with "auto" function will be suitable for beginners. =X

according to my experience (i'm a newbie too ) ,
after getting my D90 as my first dslr, i read and i shoot.
now i wld say its good to use .. =]

Hi,

Go to the shops and try out. like what my friend says.

"it is not you who choose the camera. but the camera who chooses you."

haha. All the Best

Cheers
Shaz

U noob arh? Ok. Understood. Go get the cheapest PnS out there:bsmilie:

Ok, jokes aside.....

Erm Presonally i used cameras from both the dark n light side before. That includes 400D, 450D, D90, D80 and whatnot lah....

IMHO, if u really are that much of a noob, go for Canon. Well, at least to me, Canon's user interface n button layout comes more naturally to me. It's kindda erm.... U take up the camera then u noe what to press kindda thing:bsmilie:

Nikon wise, In particular to the D90, I studied the buttons n menu for a good 30mins before i figured out how to use it. But well, that's juz me. And i could be more of a noob than u:bsmilie:

As long as you read the manual, you'll find that it's actually pretty simple.

Just need to do the 3 basic steps

READ MORE (and learn more)
SHOOT more (and practise)
Post more (and find out what went wrong and how you can improve)

Get the D90 or better ... then u'll only worry about taking pics. It'll last you for sometime ... No tingling feeling of upgrade to worry about, initially. Applies ONLY IF u are of a 'sane' mind. :p

D90!!huat ar!! i oso noob + newbie!! nice to use!! (e grip bigger tt D80) :)

sigh... if only i have the money, I'd go straight to D90.. but for now, budget is still in concern.. I will just purchase D60 instead.. but anyways, they say D60 is also a good camera.. it's all in the handler.. i mean the person behind it..

If you have the cash to spare, the inclination to learn and have your heart really set on the D90, then by all means :) Especially if you have been doing your research, have actually tried holding it in your hands and thus gotten a 'feel' of the camera.

Then as what the others have mentioned, learn more and shoot more.

All the best.

i'm a newbie too and i'm using d90. no regret

Status
Not open for further replies.