Nikon D750 Official

Weatherproof but not shake proof ;p

Probably got to do a shake test: body + lens, body only no lens, body only with flash pop up to try to identify the source of the sound
Also is the sound loud and obvious or very faint and hard to notice

I have done both with lens and without lens.Sound come from somewhere on the top near the viewfinder.

I have done both with lens and without lens.Sound come from somewhere on the top near the viewfinder.

Yup that's where the rattling sound is coming from..i've read that the D800s had this rattling sound and it's the pop up flash so when the flash is up and they hold it still the rattling is gone..For mine no matter where i try to hold the rattling sound is still there..

It's definitely a problem because if you do video..a hotshoe mic will pick up the sound as well..

I'm thinking if going down to NSC and let them take a look..if their demo sets display the same sound then maybe that's normal..but if some our sets has and some don't then i think there's a problem right there

Weatherproof but not shake proof ;p Probably got to do a shake test: body + lens, body only no lens, body only with flash pop up to try to identify the source of the sound Also is the sound loud and obvious or very faint and hard to notice

I've done all permutations and the rattling is still there so it's internal..and it's pretty loud..like a loose washer or screw kind of rattle.

I've done all permutations and the rattling is still there so it's internal..and it's pretty loud..like a loose washer or screw kind of rattle.

You got me shaking my cam and investigating..lol YES its there and guess its internal..very addictive bt dnt wanna shake too hard..lol

Last edited:
You got me shaking my cam and investigating..lol YES its there and guess its internal..very addictive bt dnt wanna shake too hard..lol

Haha! Welcome to the club!

Just an update..went down to NSC to check things out..was told the usual "It's normal" answer though they cannot exactly tell me what is rattling..at first told me it's the hinge for the pop up flash but when I held in place the rattle still there..so then tell me it's the spring for the flash..

Oh well..i tried their own demo sets and true enough they also rattle so I guess those of us who has that then we just have to live with it..

As long as it doesn't affect the operation of the camera I guess i'll learn to ignore it after awhile..

Just an update..went down to NSC to check things out..was told the usual "It's normal" answer though they cannot exactly tell me what is rattling..at first told me it's the hinge for the pop up flash but when I held in place the rattle still there..so then tell me it's the spring for the flash..

Oh well..i tried their own demo sets and true enough they also rattle so I guess those of us who has that then we just have to live with it..

As long as it doesn't affect the operation of the camera I guess i'll learn to ignore it after awhile..

Shd b every set same rite?

Shd b every set same rite?

I dunno leh..yesterday someone posted his new set no rattle..if it's normal then everyone's set on this thread should have also..haha! not cursing anyone ah..

I tested 3 sets at NSC..one from a box..one from the workshop and the demo set..all rattle..including the D810 there..

most (if not all) DSLRs will have the rattle sound when shaken - this is due to the orientation sensor. These are the cameras which I had/have personally used in the past/now, and I encountered the rattle sound in all instances:

Nikon D50
Nikon D70
Nikon D70s
Nikon D300
Nikon D3s
Nikon D4
Canon 500D
Canon 50D
Canon 7D
Canon 5D Mark 2
Canon 5D Mark 3
Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 1DX

Sony Nex-5: I never encountered the rattle sound - maybe because its not a DSLR, but a mirrorless camera.

just bought my d750 kit. Also got rattling sound but the camera's really amazing.

Anyways. Where can I get a proper screen protector?

just bought my d750 kit. Also got rattling sound but the camera's really amazing.

Maybe ....just maybe .....Nikon can issue a firmware to fix it ...... :bsmilie:

More like a global recall bro.... :sweat::rolleyes:

Relax la ....it's not like the camera is going to fall apart ....... but people will know that you are using the D750 ......so rattle on ............... :bsmilie:

Relax la ....it's not like the camera is going to fall apart ....... but people will know that you are using the D750 ......so rattle on ............... :bsmilie:

Haaaa as long as it can take photos... No worries...