Nikon D750 Official

Anyone just bought this D750 lately ?

Hi , may I ask are the various issues with d750 sorted now ? Where should one get the new stock for and how much is it for please . Thanks

Where should one get the new stock for and how much is it for please . Thanks
You can go to any shops in Funan, they all sell at more or less the same price +- $25 probably ...

As for the price, I think I just mention it in my last post (post number 820) of the previous page. But for your convenience, I repost it here:

The lowest I got now is:
Cash price
Body: $2204
with 24-120 Kit: 2780

Issues may have been sorted out, but depends on batch. You can still send it for servicing, I got mine within 2 days for the 2 advisory issues, and I got mine end of last year. Super quick turn-around!

Issues may have been sorted out, but depends on batch. You can still send it for servicing, I got mine within 2 days for the 2 advisory issues, and I got mine end of last year. Super quick turn-around!

did the service centre said what was the problem ?

So, I suppose, it's heng-suey inherent depends on which batch ?

Thanks

The lowest I got now is:
Cash price
Body: $2204
with 24-120 Kit: 2780

Anyone manage to get a quote lower than this for the D750 ?

Thanks

Got sales now ...

Hi all Nikon experts,

I hope I did not get a dud D750 set. It's been driving me nuts to try to get a the information display

I have read the manual (in page 12) & watch this youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEIjCaMj1U

At 1:16, it says, if you press the INFO button, you will get the information display (or I would called it a summary page of the settings).

But in my case, after pressing the INFO button, it information page (or I called it summary page), did not come out. What came out after pressing it was some grid lines appeared. Then if I press the INFO button again, a steering wheel like display appeared showing the horizontal inclination of the camera ...

Why is this happening ?

Thanks

Another problem is, I tried doing this in 23:22 to set the autofocus settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpzvfvroCgA

but when I went to CUSTOM SETTING MENU, then press "a Autofocus", why is everything from a1 to a9 grey out ?

(FYI, I am in autofocus mode and Aperture Priority Mode)

Any tips ?

Thanks

EDIT: Same, it is also because in Lv mode ... as above

Last edited:
Hi all experts,

I understand that in D750, the default to change Shutter Speed is to rotate the backdial while to change the Aperture is to rotate the front dial.

Can we swap this ? If yes, kind enuf to show me, how ?

Thank you very much

EDIT: Solution found. Again must deactivate Lv. Then goto CUSTOM SETTING MENU > f Controls > f5 Command dials > Change main/sub > then set Exposure Setting to ON

Last edited:
Hi all Nikon experts,

I hope I did not get a dud D750 set. It's been driving me nuts to try to get a the information display

I have read the manual (in page 12) & watch this youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEIjCaMj1U

At 1:16, it says, if you press the INFO button, you will get the information display (or I would called it a summary page of the settings).

But in my case, after pressing the INFO button, it information page (or I called it summary page), did not come out. What came out after pressing it was some grid lines appeared. Then if I press the INFO button again, a steering wheel like display appeared showing the horizontal inclination of the camera ...

Why is this happening ?

Thanks

EDIT: Solution found. It is because I am in LV mode. If I press the Lv button again & all image is seen thru the View Finder, then the information display (or I would called it a summary page of the settings) will be displayed on the LCD.

Why is this like that ? Why the INFO cannot work while it is on Lv mode thru LCD ? My habit is I seldom use the viewfinder, mostly use the LCD screen

I think you are too used to m4/3 system.:) On LV mode, pressing the Info button repeatedly just cycle the LCD display from no info, small info on top, grid lines and horizontal leveler. I only use the LV mode for video, Scene and Effects mode and doing Macro. Like you I prefer to read info from LCD because of bigger fonts by pressing the Info button when I'm in the Camera Icon instead of the LV one.

BTW, how much you paid for the D750? :) But Ortega told me not to check price after I have bought it!:)

Just enjoy the new gear, I was also told by others.

BTW, how much you paid for the D750? :) But Ortega told me not to check price after I have bought it!:)

Just enjoy the new gear, I was also told by others.

I think bro Ortega is correct, I better not tell you the price or you'll have heartache. Anyway, most important is to enjoy the camera ... cheers

I think you are too used to m4/3 system.:)
You are correct, bro ! :thumbsup:

I am still learning & getting to know how the D750 works ...

On LV mode, pressing the Info button repeatedly just cycle the LCD display from no info, small info on top, grid lines and horizontal leveler. I only use the LV mode for video, Scene and Effects mode and doing Macro. Like you I prefer to read info from LCD because of bigger fonts by pressing the Info button when I'm in the Camera Icon instead of the LV one.
You see, my line of thought was that it's like the m4/3 where there is a button which toggle as follows:
1) display image on LCD but if detects eye movement in the EVF, the image goes to EVF
2) display image on LCD ONLY
3) display image on EVF ONLY

So now I learn from you that the Lv button isn't like the above button in m4/3.

Thanks, I learnt something from you ...

cheers

Ok I discovered something negative about the D750.

I was at Gardens By the Bay and the sun was shinning. Since, it is shinning so bright, I set the ISO to 100.

I put on Aperture priority and set to F1.8. Of course at the fastest shutter speed of 1/4000, it still blinK. Adjusting to the smallest aperture, the shutter speed also blink. So, actually need a ND filter. But I didn't bring. I just snap a shot.

The thing is that on the View Finder, when I do a half-press, the image looks ok, so I snap a foto. But in the LCD screen it looked so dark ! Why is that ?

But luckily, when I reached home, the image on the LCD is clear liao ... no longer was it dark !

Is it bcos under the influence of sun, the image in LCD is blur & darker ?

Oh, the question I wanna ask is, is the resolution of the LCD screen in D750 is very much lousier than the ones in Panasonic Gx8 ? Because I test the same condition on the GX8 with 75mm F1.8 lens, the LCD screen on the LCD was great !

Thanks

Last edited: