Nikon D70 Body Sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have other rubber stuff developing some 'juice' and I discovered a way to fix it is to talc it.. but I don't think I'd want to do that on a camera. ;p

The best fix is still have the parts replaced by NSC or authorised dealer for peace of mind.

I tried baby powder the small sticky portion that I have. But it leaves a white layer which doesn't come off. Guess I have to go down to NSC...

Just sent it for service. Got to wait 10 working days and Nikon will sms me when it can be collected. Here the breakdown of the cost.

CF cover $6
Hand Grip $20
IF cover $20
Sensor Cleaning $25
Inspection $25

Total 102.75 after gst.

Just sent it for service. Got to wait 10 working days and Nikon will sms me when it can be collected. Here the breakdown of the cost.

CF cover $6
Hand Grip $20
IF cover $20
Sensor Cleaning $25
Inspection $25

Total 102.75 after gst.

they only replaced the items listed above and not the whole body cover? i am wondering if they could replace the whole body case.

they only replaced the items listed above and not the whole body cover? i am wondering if they could replace the whole body case.

I think is possible cause the serial number is engrave on the polycarbonate body unless maybe the body is cracked.

Reviving an old thread.

I recently noticed the same thing happening for my D70; sticky handgrip, CF cover.

Does anyone know whether the price has increased for the replacement? And whether the turn-around time is about 3 days (assuming they have stock for all parts to be replaced).

Status
Not open for further replies.