Nikon D60 - Voltage in Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahtshun23

Oct 25, 2007
Clementi
Hi all,

I will be travelling to taiwan soon..i understand taiwan voltage usage is 110V whereas singapore is 220V.

Do i need a "step down" voltage adapter for charging my camera?

on the nikon charger, it stated - Input 100-240V 50/60 GHZ

anyone can assist me?Thank you!!

I just came back from overseas where 115 volt setting is prevalent. No problem when plugging Nikon charger with rating showing "100-240 50/60Hz" directly into 110 volt electrical power source.

Since it says 100-240V that means you can use a powerpoint that supplies anything from 100V to 240V no problem. You will have no issues in Taiwan.

No problems with that. The voltage is within range. The only thing you need to know is what kind socket outlet they are using. Whether its 3 pins or two pins. If you are not sure, go check on the web or get a travel adapter wif you. ;)

Input 100-240V 50/60 GHZ is universal. Go to front desk and ask for the two pin adapter for our charger socket. ;)

.....Go to front desk and ask for the two pin adapter for our charger socket.

Prudent to bring one universal head adapter as hotel front may not have or run out of adapter heads for its guest.

Nowadays chargers for most portable electronics like laptop, cameras, shavers are all multi-voltage. meaning it will work all over the world. 100-240V rating just confirmed it for you.

.....chargers for most portable electronics.....are all multi-voltage. meaning it will work all over the world. 100-240V rating just confirmed it for you.

Some electrical and electronic gears may still be offering 100-240 volt feature via a toggle switch. In such offering, best to check voltage and toggle to correct setting before plugging the item into the main switch. :)

go to giant can get a travel charger with surge protector at less than $10. I was told that two pins mean no ground connection, so is it necessary to have surge protector to protect our device?

Status
Not open for further replies.