Nikon D500

A little too late in my case. I was waiting for the D400 back then but came to the decision that it will never come about back in 2012 and jump on the D4. This D500 is impressive with the new features but having moved on to the FX, I see little reason to consider it. The added bells and whistles taken away, the improve IQ due to a new processor..etc, a camera like even a D7000 is able to do the job. For 90% of shooting situations that don't need the fastest action AF speed, tracking very complicated subject ..etc The Nikon Df is more then up to the task for a few years to come if you buy one now.

At even this point in time, I think the D810/D4s are still good enough cameras for pros.

But as someone also mentioned here, the D500 will be popular with wildlife shooters looking to save on lens price versus focal length issue.

As a Canon user who used to own the 7D2, I can see that the image quality from a FF and crop sensor are non-comparable, so actually a crop sensor cannot be used to replaced focal length directly IMO.
I would say that serious hobbyists/photographers should look at the D5.
Serious hobbyists/photographers usually are more particular and are willing to pay more for those "extras" but ofcourse for many the slight difference in IQ and features is nothing compared to the price difference between D500 and D5 :)

haha...these are stickers leh..furthermore cannot see the image up close to check the focus accuracy.

By looking at the wings there are sharp la. Just that eye contact is lacking. Seriously it is easy to shoot continuously against the cloudless blue background, just open all the 153 focus points everyone should be able to get it. But against varied background, it is different story.

By looking at the wings there are sharp la. Just that eye contact is lacking. Seriously it is easy to shoot continuously against the cloudless blue background, just open all the 153 focus points everyone should be able to get it. But against varied background, it is different story.

the size of the bird is consider small so any place is in focus will make the whole bird look "sharp",even at F2.8, but to check precisely which part of the bird's body was in focus then have to zoom in to see.
this shot is obviously a "stickers" shot as we can see the tree branches are "still".
so for stickers shots,it may not be taken at one time but maybe a few times if she knows the Eagle will always go back to the same perch and just wait for it to fly and shoot again :)

the size of the bird is consider small so any place is in focus will make the whole bird look "sharp",even at F2.8, but to check precisely which part of the bird's body was in focus then have to zoom in to see.
this shot is obviously a "stickers" shot as we can see the tree branches are "still".
so for stickers shots,it may not be taken at one time but maybe a few times if she knows the Eagle will always go back to the same perch and just wait for it to fly and shoot again :)

wah lao action sequence must sharp everywhere also :)
This is her public page can take a look on one of the serpents. I believe first image with still tree is static to complete the action sequence. (I did that last night with my SBKF sequence as well :)

http://wildlife.cslingphotography.com/portfolio/nikon-d500-10fps-eagles-flight-csling/

As a Canon user who used to own the 7D2, I can see that the image quality from a FF and crop sensor are non-comparable, so actually a crop sensor cannot be used to replaced focal length directly IMO.
I would say that serious hobbyists/photographers should look at the D5.
Serious hobbyists/photographers usually are more particular and are willing to pay more for those "extras" but ofcourse for many the slight difference in IQ and features is nothing compared to the price difference between D500 and D5 :)

Better with both! when need more, mount the D500!

The release of the D500 got me thinking about DX again. I never had a problem with DX, having been waiting for the fabled D400 since giving up my D300s... Held onto a D7000 while waiting, then switched to a D750 since the price was right. FX is certainly amazing, but the allure of D500 is great too... I'd probably stay put though. I'm quite comfortable with the D750, and I suspect it's good enough for the next few years.

One feature that interests me is FLICKER reduction for video. Whenever I take action high shutter speed shots in hawker centers, the lighting flickering will affect my video. D500 cliams it will adjust it to match previous frames..

We shall see.

damn... was suppose to get a D750 in feb, and now this is out...
but still they are both marked at the same price on the US site and for D500 16-80mm f2.8 kit, it was marketed at 3069.95usd...
D750 with 24-120 kit $2.8k +/- in singapore...

hard choice...

damn... was suppose to get a D750 in feb, and now this is out... but still they are both marked at the same price on the US site and for D500 16-80mm f2.8 kit, it was marketed at 3069.95usd... D750 with 24-120 kit $2.8k +/- in singapore... hard choice...

Different sensor cam, one is DX and one is FF.

Different sensor cam, one is DX and one is FF.

yeah... had already set my mind to get FF... now this devil is making me think twice lol

One is pro and one is semi pro...

Pro one is bad to the bone...bah bah bah badddd... :cool:

yeah... had already set my mind to get FF... now this devil is making me think twice lol

As mentioned DX and FX.
Maybe u still do not know what u really want?

Any news when this and the d5 will come to sg?

Will come when you place order.... IF you wanna be in the first to own / first to find bugs group.

Expect MARCH.

the showroom and svc centre is literally beside me... like a 1 min walk... no issue for me hahaha