Nikon D40 Toy Len/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
MF and Maunal Mode is not a problem, almost didn't switch on AF in my camera as i mainly do Macro. Metering i sometime use my lightmeter, so not a problem too.
Actually been thinking of getting this lens for sometime for hold back because of the price.

But with all the recent posting, the BBB virus had hit me... :sweatsm:
Will be collecting my new lens this few days, with the expense of selling off my 60mm Macro.

Hopefully this lens can provide me good DOF of my subject, as i mainly shoot insects.

Ummmm..... you do know that it is 1:2 only right? :what:

_

MF and Maunal Mode is not a problem, almost didn't switch on AF in my camera as i mainly do Macro. Metering i sometime use my lightmeter, so not a problem too.
Actually been thinking of getting this lens for sometime for hold back because of the price.

But with all the recent posting, the BBB virus had hit me... :sweatsm:
Will be collecting my new lens this few days, with the expense of selling off my 60mm Macro.

Hopefully this lens can provide me good DOF of my subject, as i mainly shoot insects.

It depends on how you shoot. It does not exactly give you good depth of field per se but it employs the Scheimpflug principle to alter the plane of focus, so you'll need to understand that a little bit to make full use of the feature. You will need to stop down before you shot also. :) The aperture also goes down to f/45, so that may help in DoF but may not be useful with sensor which are diffraction limited (eg, >10MP DX sensor, diffraction limits kicks in at about f/11-f/16).

I'd say keep your 60/2.8 for other uses. :) You won't want to use the PC85 unless you absolutely need to. Other than that it's a good lens and I think you'll enjoy it. I would like to own one as well if I have spare cash. ;p

:)
Ummmm..... you do know that it is 1:2 only right? :what:

_
Yes i know, had check it out already, will stack up with extension tube if needed.

It depends on how you shoot. It does not exactly give you good depth of field per se but it employs the Scheimpflug principle to alter the plane of focus, so you'll need to understand that a little bit to make full use of the feature. You will need to stop down before you shot also. :) The aperture also goes down to f/45, so that may help in DoF but may not be useful with sensor which are diffraction limited (eg, >10MP DX sensor, diffraction limits kicks in at about f/11-f/16).

I'd say keep your 60/2.8 for other uses. :) You won't want to use the PC85 unless you absolutely need to. Other than that it's a good lens and I think you'll enjoy it. I would like to own one as well if I have spare cash. ;p

Thanks for your links, it's very handful. Still have lots of technical things to learn from you guys. Btw not selling my 60/2.8 because of the PC lens, selling away because i'm using my 200micro for all my shoot now.

Thanks again for both your advice.

:)
Yes i know, had check it out already, will stack up with extension tube if needed.

Thanks for your links, it's very handful. Still have lots of technical things to learn from you guys. Btw not selling my 60/2.8 because of the PC lens, selling away because i'm using my 200micro for all my shoot now.

Thanks again for both your advice.

Ah! Okie.. then that's fine.. :) The 60 micro seems to be good for copying work and other still life close up but a tad too short for insects..

A useful feature of PC85 is the shift function allows you to shoot through glass, eg fish tank, without getting your own reflection. :thumbsup:

No, as of 2 months ago, the Arax lenses still aren't on sale in SG.

I have the 35mm f/2.8 Arax TS lens and I can only warn you that it's not worth its brand new asking price. The lens' construction is quite poor and so is its optical quality; Images are generally quite soft.

I got a one month old lens off an eBay seller who at first wanted US$500 for it; however, after a month of no responses, he removed his starting bid and I got it for US$200. It's currently being sold for US$649 at the Arax site. I repeat it's not worth its brand new asking price.

_

I agree with deadpixel here about the construction of the Arax T/S lens. I just received mine 2 days ago and paid US$649 for this lens. Generally, the lens is heavy and sturdy. But the main problem is this lens does not fit very well on a D70s. Therefore, it is very troublesome to do a 360 deg rotation. In my opinion, lens is ok only, not really worth the current selling price.

daym... the lens are all expensive.. and come to think of it.. why bother getting a TS lens or lensbaby when i can achieve ALMOST similar result in PS.. but can it be achieve in PS 7? im not using CS cuz im used to version 7..

upzzzzzzz?

lol.. i just learnt a good way of modifying PS7. I took all the plugins/settings/filters from my fren's PS CS and pasted on my PS7 program files.. and it works.. now i got a lens blur filter on a PS 7. Its not illegal right?

So yah.. i cant forget about the TS Lens.. anyway guys, thankx for all the help/advice/suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.