Nikon D100 "ERR" error

Nikond100user

Apr 19, 2012
I've a Nikon D100. "ERR" is blinking on LCD using the camera in "M" and "A" mode. It happens after the shot, but only in these two modes. Pics are good, but the message is disturbing.

Any ideas? Who has the same damn problem?
Thnx!

Last edited:
In "S" and "P" mode there is no error.

Last edited:
welcome to Clubsnap,

I own D100 before, I can't remember I ever encounter this issue, D100 is a great camera but I'm not sure how many people is still owning it now.

if you are looking for a fix, you can consider contact the nearest Nikon Service Center.

Hope this help.

I still use D100 and am glad to know I am not alone. :D

I vaguely remembered I encountered this ERR on LCD before. At that time, it was due to the contacts between the lens and the body. So I just turned off the camera, took out the lens and screwed it in again. This cleared the message.

You may want to give a try. Or even try with a different lens.

catchlights said:
welcome to Clubsnap,

I own D100 before, I can't remember I ever encounter this issue, D100 is a great camera but I'm not sure how many people is still owning it now.

if you are looking for a fix, you can consider contact the nearest Nikon Service Center.

Hope this help.

sarapo said:
I still use D100 and am glad to know I am not alone. :D

I vaguely remembered I encountered this ERR on LCD before. At that time, it was due to the contacts between the lens and the body. So I just turned off the camera, took out the lens and screwed it in again. This cleared the message.

You may want to give a try. Or even try with a different lens.

Thank you guys! I'm gonna change it to a D80.