Nikon announces Nikon D800 and D800E 36mp

Cowseye said:
The new 16GB should be 48GB (12.1mp times 3 = 36.3mp), if they ever make one...

32 GB still seems too little...

Panasonic has 48GB SD cards for ages.

Hope 1tb is coming also, question: d700 is still high in the market why club snap member still selling so bargain?

Hope 1tb is coming also, question: d700 is still high in the market why club snap member still selling so bargain?

They probably wanted to get rid before d800 is available. Don't really see much bargain. New is 3k now?

Looking at the images of Nikon's 36 MP and thinking it for a while, I finally realized why Nikon was holding off such a high Mp range.... It's because the results DO not deliver... I think Nikon is finally caving to the public pressure that DSLR has to be high in MP (like 5DMII) in order to fly off the shelf.

But 36 MP of average images... To be filling up your hard drive... Do think again...

Can you elaborate? Is it worst than the d700 that it replaced? Are you judging based on production pic?

If I have not remember wrongly, you take wedding pics so your comment is highly valuable.

How about d3s 12mp also it's a lot difference outcome compared to d800

They probably wanted to get rid before d800 is available. Don't really see much bargain. New is 3k now?

Used sets should go down for next few months, as for new D700 should be same price until D800 is one year old.... IMO

Hope the Nikon will not so much depreciate like canon prices is quite fast to depreciate the prices.

IT show coming up in Mar right? prices should go down or have some offers.
and fyi, transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC is selling at $52.90 at house of mouse (suntec). I feel that this is a really good buy.

The recent bad reports of Transcend memory cards really deters me from getting that brand...

have there been reports? I didn't know of them leh... share some links?

my current Transcend 32GB has been serving me well for the past 10mths.
was thinking of hooting a few cards in preparation for a trip in July...

hopefully it's a batch problem...

Last edited:
Transcent + Class 10 = Class 4

Speed Class Rating

From a technical point of view, a Class 10 rated card is a Class 10 card. They will not be able to label them as Class 10 if they do not meet the specifications.
Sandisk cards are extremely fast, and most of the time, they are underrated. Their Class 6 series actually meet the class 10 standards, but they don't place them under Class 10.

So if you are comparing all vendors with Sandisk, it's an unfair comparison since Sandisks are 'under classed'.

Posting this not to start a flame war but to point out the technical side of the classification.

Sandisks are extremely fast, but they also command a premium.

Last edited:
SkimMilk said:
have there been reports? I didn't know of them leh... share some links?

my current Transcend 32GB has been serving me well for the past 10mths.
was thinking of hooting a few cards in preparation for a trip in July...

hopefully it's a batch problem...

I couldn't find it, maybe it was older. I did a google search within clubsnap forum revealed a few cases with regards to D5100.

SkimMilk said:
Speed Class Rating

From a technical point of view, a Class 10 rated card is a Class 10 card. They will not be able to label them as Class 10 if they do not meet the specifications.
Sandisk cards are extremely fast, and most of the time, they are underrated. Their Class 6 series actually meet the class 10 standards, but they don't place them under Class 10.

So if you are comparing all vendors with Sandisk, it's an unfair comparison since Sandisks are 'under classed'.

Posting this not to start a flame war but to point out the technical side of the classification.

Sandisks are extremely fast, but they also command a premium.

True. Still, I would buy only SanDisk and Panasonic. Most other brands seem to have more compatibility issues.