nikon 50mm f1.8 problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like handshake to me. Narrow DOF any movement POOF ur done. Have to have really steady hands and work on that breathing.

it has a f/1.8 but doesn't mean you have to go all the way down to f/1.8....

try shooting at f/2.8 for your baby.... and let there be a distance between your subject and the background....

simple as that.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. one more question.
since using f1.8 is so hard, and the DOF is like sooooo thin. then i suppose f1.4
should be even thinner. so how does you guys out there fully utilise such f-stops?

since using f1.8 is so hard, and the DOF is like sooooo thin. then i suppose f1.4
should be even thinner. so how does you guys out there fully utilise such f-stops?

Very simple, they make sure that the focus is in the exact centre of the eyeball. not on the white parts of the eyeball, but precisely at the black centre of the eyeball. even 50mm f1.0 or 50mm f0.95 is focused this way.

Every human has 2 eyeballs, and depending on the person's pose, one eyeball will be in front of the other if the person is slanted sideways, so the trick is to focus on that eyeball tat is in front.

A tripod does help to make sure that the part u selected is the centre.

Don't shoot babies with that kind of aperture. Still life is easier to manage.. ;p

Is this lens able to produce a bubble bokeh??

Apologise for the multiple post due to system problem.

Don't shoot babies with that kind of aperture. Still life is easier to manage.. ;p

Hmm. if shouldn't shoot babies, does that also mean that i should not shoot humans/moving objects? but this is prime lens suppose to work well as a portrait lens too, no? :think:

I am considering getting the 50mm f1.8, but body is D60 meaning I need to use manual focus as it is not a AF-S lens. Will be increase the focusing problem you guys are facing?

I am considering getting the 50mm f1.8, but body is D60 meaning I need to use manual focus as it is not a AF-S lens. Will be increase the focusing problem you guys are facing?

Nope... manual focusing may be a tad slow, but with a good trained eye, you can be pretty accurate and fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.