Nightmare at Panasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it.. I forgot to advise you to get the camera under running tap water immediately instead of drying it.. Sounds crazy, but it does help.. That's how I (used to..) maintain my fishing gear.. But I haven't gone fishing in a long time, so forgot about that :embrass:

psx2sg said:
Dump?!! cannot la, heart pain leh.... :cry: unless you got a set to sell me cheap cheap..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hey psx2sg, I can understand wanting to get a "free repair" out of it, but I am rather astonished that you posted your rant here with the intention of discrediting panasonic totally by only telling half truths. I guess most people would send it in hoping to get it fixed for free (indeed I have a friend who dropped a HP in water n did managed to get it fixed for free - But the staff also firmly pointed out that they were doing my friend a FAVOUR above and beyond their warranty obligations). But when you still argued with the svc agent when told about corrosion indicates a clear intent to mislead and deceive. I believe it is fairly obvious that water does not go with electronics, and in any case, it is very likely stated in the manual. If the real cause for the malfunction had not been brought to light, MANY would likely have been misled by your post.

And if you are angry, how do you think Panasonic feels about dealing with customers like you? :nono:

I would be very very careful if you posted anything in the B&S section....

moderator please change the thread's title, if not, ppl will confuse about Panasonic's service.

c'mon people, I didn't say anything about 'free repair' nor did i claim that i am totally not at fault. But the fact is that like I have mentioned, the thing i am pointing out is, why if it's a chargeable item it took such a long time to inform the customer? its about the committment they make to customer and the type of service they gave to customer.

The reason I called the service centre is to check how much I need to pay and not to claim the 'free repair', i have ask them about the process and the charge i need to pay, it's them who claim that I don't have to pay anything not me. Plus I don't know about the part which 'corrosion is not covered' and anyway I have prepared to pay anyway. But what anger me is that why they need to take 2 weeks to 'see' my camera and I can understand if they have a lot of jobs, but if that is so, why can't the customer service side lias with technical side before givingthe answer to the customer? and imagine when you waited an hourfor collection and the service staff tell his colleague right in YOUR face, do not attend to collecting just do your repair!

Definately when panasonic replied to me that its part is covered I am happy (who don't?), but the fact is i am prepare to pay anyway because its my own fault(I have told them that the cam is drop to the water, anyone need me to proof i can scan and show the repair note i make to them!) , if i would want to deny anything i would not have admit to jeryl ok? the thing i wrote about the whole incident is to illustrate the whole story so there is nothing to hide. Just the query that why the communication breakdown between the internal staff at panasonic, and the queueing system they have over at th repair/collection centre.

I'm rather sorry if some of you guys think i'm trying to pull a fast one(infact if i can understand if i'm in your shoe i would probably think it that way too, but it's not what you think ok, i'm not so stupid to disclose my own disgrace)

Cool down guys...

When is the next plug???? :think: check out the thread!

nah..it's my fault... probably my bad written engliish causes all these misunderstanding... anyway the primary highlight of the whole issue is the attitute and the time on the repair towards the equipment. The cost of the repair plays a certain part because the whole issue on the "parts not covered under warranty and you're suppose to pay" was told to me only at the 3rd week, but not when I called them to check on the charge.
But from what they(service counter) have convey to me, they do not communicate to the technical side. (but why the hack the make the kind of primise to the customer?)

'sigh' never thought a form of experience sharing would cause such commotion... my apologies...

Just my own thinking, if you have honestly told them about the drop into the sea water, that would have quicken the servicing time. :think:

Without much info given, they would to go through many unnecessary diagnotics plus guessing is it their product QC problem or the customer own fault/careness.

well, i don't know how they conduct their servicing. I've honestly tell them what happen plus my lens was filled with water drops (inside) and the battery cover plus some of the screw was corroded. If u are the technician, what will u think?
but again, they will still need to do diagnostic to check for other defects(?) i really duno.

lens inside also got water droplets :bigeyes: ,luckily they don't need to change the lens, if not will be very costly.

Usually owner carelessness are uncover under warranty :think:

Guess they need a long time to check which parts are still re-useable and will not corode in the future, (as to no further increase the charge to you?) :sweat:

well, that is what I tot so, my own fault so must pay. thats why when they said "oh it cover by warranty" i was so happy and i tot wow panasonic so good ah . but never tot they didn't even check on the camera yet. best thing is th staff actually tell me they don't talk to technical people.
But quite obvious la, water droplet inside the lens. Maybe loh, but i ask the technical side why they started to check the camera only at the 3rd week they cannot answer me leh...

psx2sg said:
Hi all

I don' know if anyone had my experience, but just like to share the mare I've been throught.

I sent my FZ30 for repair(used only for 1/2 yr, under warranty), I ask the staff about the lead time for repair, I was told i can collect my camera for about 2 weeks.

But during the end of the 2nd week, i gave a few call to them checking about the repair status, from what the service centre claims,
1. the camera was under repair
2. the techinical side is waiting for parts thats why it is taking so long
3. since it's under warranty there should not have any cost incurred.

But on the 3rd week panasonic called me telling me that they need to replace my pcb board as 'it was corroded'. I ask them the reason, they cannot answer, just tell me 'oh you must place them in a place with dehumidifier'. I question them why am I told that there is no cost and now i need to pay, and why do they take so long to inform me on that?(which from my view, since the part was not covered under warranty then they should have inform, i mean how difficult do you need to open up a camera to discover corrosion?)

well, at the day of collection, they make me wait for more than an hour for collection and it was when i realise that the people who sent their equipment for repair who came after me, being attended and left. And right after me, and one more guy who waited for a long time also kick a big fuss then they started to entertain us(and one of the staff actually told his colleague "you just attend to the repair, not collection")

Imagine waiting for nothing! and after collection, happily trying out my 'repaired' camera, I realiase that my manual focus ring don't work! plus all the control buttons go chaos...

I am really dissapointed with their service attitute. As for me, i hope that non of the lumixer went through what I've been to....

good luck guys...:dunno: :angry:

whoa.. that's unacceptable! better lodge a complain to CASE.. how come you need to pay??? the warranty is for what then??

You must have just woken up..

fz30_user said:
whoa.. that's unacceptable! better lodge a complain to CASE.. how come you need to pay??? the warranty is for what then??

jeryltan said:
You must have just woken up..

opps.. sorry about that! i didn't read the full thread before reacting :) and you're right i just woke up =)

LoL... paying is ok la its own's fault. but i think the experience have to be self attain to know... so...take very good care of your camera...

psx2sg said:
LoL... paying is ok la its own's fault. but i think the experience have to be self attain to know... so...take very good care of your camera...

haha...yeah man..to prevent all this crap..jus take very very good care of ur electronics...repair and stuff usually a hassle, regardless of the service or wat.. and damn time consuming as well.. the service jus makes the experience slightly better or even worse.. depending on the staff lor..

Yead,Thank God that Panasonic willing to clean the lens and fix his camera for him..Normally what a typical camera serviceman did for corroded camera especially those "DROPPED in the sea" is just telling you that your camera is beyond repair or quote you every part in the camera that normally exceed the original camera's price just as telling you to buy another NEW CAMERA!Dont expect your camera to be as good as b4...

Be ThankFUL

Ordinary said:
Yead,Thank God that Panasonic willing to clean the lens and fix his camera for him..Normally what a typical camera serviceman did for corroded camera especially those "DROPPED in the sea" is just telling you that your camera is beyond repair or quote you every part in the camera that normally exceed the original camera's price just as telling you to buy another NEW CAMERA!Dont expect your camera to be as good as b4...

Be ThankFUL

I know... but anyway neither the repair or the customer service side give any advice...so see how la

Pray hard for your camera!From what i know you still having problem with your camera right?maybe u should try go straight or call the technician telling him your problems..No point talking to those at front counter staff,they are lacking in technical knowledge,they cant help you much!!IMportant now is get your camera fix to a stage that is still useable .:)Fz30 is not a cheap camera either, is a waste just throw it because it's unrepairable.i advise maybe this few months you got to carefully monitor your camera,because corrosion this kind thing will cause a lot of intermittent faults just like our human,after going through a mass operation, the doctor may claimed that you are already recovered but actually you are facing many intermittent,abnormal fault with ur body..:cry: .Dont expect too much from you camera, just take this as a lesson like what you said"Take Good care of your camera"..now i think the only person can help you is the technician,be nice to him and i believe he will try all his best to help you.CHEERS:)

Good luck to you!hope to hear that your camera will recover to its useable condition.;)

psx2sg said:
I know... but anyway neither the repair or the customer service side give any advice...so see how la

suggest looking for another camera, it is not advisable to repair any eletronic that dropped into sea water. It one of the heaviest damange you could have done to eletronic stuffs, and repair cost is usually near or more than a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.