Night shot attempt. Marina Bay Sands.

pcom21

Dec 28, 2009
Singapore
Some shots I took with provia 100f colour slides.

4476848278_00bae2b037_b.jpg

4476832126_6188be14eb_b.jpg

4476045193_a6fbd3f827_b.jpg

Thanks for dropping in to view. Comments, negative or positive are very much appreciated. :)

hi mate... I was also there earlier... :)

I'm not a big fan of the square crop and the general "tightness" of your composition. No space to fit in the reflections, which spoils the composition, in my opinion.
Your #2 has perspective distortion problem. Buildings slanting towards the center. Horizon also doesn't look horizontal.
#3 not quite suitable as a silhouette-style. Too much black mess at the bottom.

I'm not a big fan of the square crop and the general "tightness" of your composition. No space to fit in the reflections, which spoils the composition, in my opinion.
Your #2 has perspective distortion problem. Buildings slanting towards the center. Horizon also doesn't look horizontal.
#3 not quite suitable as a silhouette-style. Too much black mess at the bottom.

Thanks for the cool comments. I do think that you are right. I didn't do any cropping, as that was the 6x6 frame of my yashica mat. But I do understand where you are coming from.

#2, I should have ran this through pp to correct them.

As for the #3, thanks for pointing out the black mess. :) Good point to note.

Thanks!!!

@ rgborj

These were taken in March, which explains why there were still many bright construction lights. :(

pcom21 said:
@ rgborj

These were taken in March, which explains why there were still many bright construction lights. :(

The construction is still pretty much like this! :)

anyway, regarding silhouettes, I think THIS is quite a good example. Though there is also some black 'mess' at the bottom, but the silhouettes are clearly defined and strong elements in the photo.

The construction is still pretty much like this! :)

anyway, regarding silhouettes, I think THIS is quite a good example. Though there is also some black 'mess' at the bottom, but the silhouettes are clearly defined and strong elements in the photo.
Thanks for the great advice, and the very good example. :) It will go a long way for my learning, and I shall be trying this till I get it right. :)