night photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say how did this get here. this was posted one day ago. I still prefer the old page 1, page 2, last page etc selection than the current one.

willyfoo said:
Forgot to update you guys on what to bring... this applies to both fireworks & night photography.

1. Bring a Tripod
2. Wear dark clothes/preferably black
3. Bring a black cloth/cardboard
4. Tripod
5. Bring a remote trigger (if you have)
6. Bring a small torch (otherwise light from handphone will make do)
7. BRING A TRIPOD!!!!! (hmm... did I mention that already?)

woah.so far 22 people on the list for this evening shoot. I hope the rain stops. So just want to double confirm the meeting place is still 7pm at one Fullerton at the steps to Centro if it still pours? hmmm..all have except black card..anyone got a spare?Or can i use a black opaque fabric?

n77d said:
Hope to join u guys tonight but is an extranal flash needed also cos havent buy yet :dunno:
No.. u do not need an external flash...

acidbyte said:
woah.so far 22 people on the list for this evening shoot. I hope the rain stops. So just want to double confirm the meeting place is still 7pm at one Fullerton at the steps to Centro if it still pours? hmmm..all have except black card..anyone got a spare?Or can i use a black opaque fabric?
Yes... we'll meet at Centro even it it pours... at most we just stay in the shelter and watch fireworks from there...

You can just bring a black opague fabric...

just curious... may i know y must wear black clothes?

and y must bring black cloth/cardboard? how big shld the cloth or cardboard be?

Wearing bright colours tend to reflect more light and may spoil the shots of others.. especially in a big group.. for the SLR users who are not using manual mode, the reflection of the clothes may mess up the metering through the viewfinder too..

As long as the cloth/cardboard is able to cover the lens...

willyfoo said:
Wearing bright colours tend to reflect more light and may spoil the shots of others.. especially in a big group.. for the SLR users who are not using manual mode, the reflection of the clothes may mess up the metering through the viewfinder too..

oic... :think:

willyfoo said:

wow... i didn't know clothes matters too...

so i guess the cardboard is used to put in front of the lens for taking pics with bright objects, so that the bright objects dun get over exposed? :think:

bsplenden said:
wow... i didn't know clothes matters too...

so i guess the cardboard is used to put in front of the lens for taking pics with bright objects, so that the bright objects dun get over exposed? :think:
It's also used to control the timing of the fireworks bursts... but more suited for Film Cameras..

For night photography, it can be used to shield some overexposed buildings momentarity... (like ONE fullerton)

thanks for everyone who turned up today. Actually, didn't know about this thread and this outing lol...
Thanks also to Willy for organising it.

Thanks Willy for sparing the time to organise this! Really appreciate it. Nice meeting everyone.

Sorry wasn't able to make it to dinner in the end. We were stuck in the basement for ages. We managed to crawl 1 car length every 5 mins.

Can't wait to hear about future get-togethers!

Btw, are all you guys really new at this night photography??! sure were some high tech gear tonight. Real beginners should have vertically-challenged, flimsy, freebie tripods like mine ;p

Thanks Willy for giving us valuable tips in fireworks shooting. Was a good outing and see you guys on Friday for the night shooting! :)

sigrd said:
Thanks Willy for giving us valuable tips in fireworks shooting. Was a good outing and see you guys on Friday for the night shooting! :)

so night shooting is on fri??? where and wat time?

didn't attend the firework cos nt really interested.... :embrass:

Althought i didn't shoot with you all but it was great sharing and fellowship at dinner. It was a great experience. Next week, we'll do it again.
Here's one of my shots :

2004-08-01_Fireworks-22.jpg

More can be found HERE

wah... u all make me regret that i didn't go for the fireworks today... :embrass:

better go on fri... btw, how to go to funan ah?? and wat ISO of film to bring for night shooting? :embrass:

and is tripod very very impt? i only got a lousy cheapo one... but it worked fine so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.