Night Macro - Long-legged Centipede

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
macro_0013-1.jpg

I was out in the forest at 2am. Saw this fellow resting on a leave. Oh man... it is the long-legged centipede. :bigeyes: So took a close-up shot of it. I was afraid that it might jump onto me when I was so close to it. :sweat:

Bro USM,

A well taken shot of a rare centipede!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

First time seeing this, thanks for sharing!

:cheers!

Nice!!!:thumbsup:

first time i see this insect in photo....in singapore? dammit...must watch where i bash next time. *hair stand* :sweatsm:

how come in forest at 2am?

first time i see this insect in photo....in singapore? dammit...must watch where i bash next time. *hair stand* :sweatsm:

how come in forest at 2am?

Yes, found in Singapore.

I normally shot night macro pass midnight. It is indeed scary to shoot such creature especially when you are doing close-up. You can see the eyes are starring at me. :sweat:

Yes, found in Singapore.

I normally shot night macro pass midnight. It is indeed scary to shoot such creature especially when you are doing close-up. You can see the eyes are starring at me. :sweat:

and you go into forests alone??? those neighbourhood sparse forests or those deep jungle types need to bash? hehe

Interesting catch USM.

i am intrigued with night shooting, since most of us have gone thru NS and will know that it is already really difficult to get the right path in forest without much light to speak of. You got another shooting buddy holding some light ?

Also, wouldn't the viewfinder be intensely dark ( considering u will be shooting manual ) , you have a constant illumination again on the subject?

Ryan

Were you with garion? Seems he caught a photo of one of this species too!

Interesting catch USM.

i am intrigued with night shooting, since most of us have gone thru NS and will know that it is already really difficult to get the right path in forest without much light to speak of. You got another shooting buddy holding some light ?

Also, wouldn't the viewfinder be intensely dark ( considering u will be shooting manual ) , you have a constant illumination again on the subject?

Ryan

Yes, you are right, Ryan. Min. requirment is to shoot with at least another person. You never know what will happen in a dark forest. Safety comes first. If you walk alone in the dark forest, your hair will stand up man. :sweat:

Basically, my buddy was holding a torchlight and shined on the subject to provide constant illumination, so that I could AF and captured the image.

Wah lau, dun say until like that lar brudder. Me no pro lar. :embrass:

calebk: how come u know ar? :sweat:

Anyway here is my take on the long legged centipede..btw its called a House Centipede.

Yo Garion, I didn't know that you are into centipede. :eek: Thought that you are a bird man.

It seems that calebk knows your whereabout. :bsmilie:

Wah lau, dun say until like that lar brudder. Me no pro lar. :embrass:

calebk: how come u know ar? :sweat:

Anyway here is my take on the long legged centipede..btw its called a House Centipede.

Alien_in_the_Night_by_garion.jpg

I think USM shot is great and sharp but I must say your pose is super good. Can really see the long legs. Anyway :thumbsup:to both of you.

hey that's a darn gd perspective u got there USM!

hey that's a darn gd perspective u got there USM!

Thanks. :)

Actually, it is quite scary to shoot such creature at close-up level. There was once that I accidentally touched the leave, and this fellow jumped. :eek: Luckily, it jumped onto the ground, and not on me. :sweat:

Good shot man. But why make things difficult and shoot at night?
Do you work the whole day and no time to shoot? :bsmilie:

Oh my god, really good shot! Especially when you took this at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.