[ News ] GX7 is available for sale in Singapore

Ty Keith, what is the zoom kit bundle lens offered in the US already? oh man yea I just watched some lens comparison and the 12-35mm has a much faster AF. Its just very ex =(

Ok ... Now it's clear u prefer a zoom lens so all the primes are out.

A lot of options. Amazon sells the 14-42 kit for USD998. But NOTE Panny warranty is very unfriendly ; there is no international warranty.

If there's a budget. try the kit lens first or u can buy the prime lens kit, sell the prime & hoot a kit lens from B n S. Pretty cheap for the Panny kit lens on B n S. Save some money too when u sell the prime.

Don't be in a hurry to buy the best :)
use until your skills and needs are limited by the lens then upgrade.

Or simply just wait a bit for the 14-42 kits to arrive (disclaimer : if they ever arrive)

I'm not sure abt the current prices for 12-35. U can get a 2nd hand one for ~1100 on B n S.
I'll assume there is no warranty if it's matters to u.

Last edited:
Oo okay ty bllimus for the info =)

Was just thinking if I was to go to HN and ask to change the current bundled len (20mm/f1.7ii) to a 12-35mm lens with $$ top-up, do you think its possible? Haha

Btw, how much is a 12-35mm len now. Should I buy 2nd hand len instead?

I travelled through Japan with mostly the 20mm, occasionally with the 7-14mm. I will tell you that the 20mm is awesome and definitely good enough. Personally, i would like the 12-35mm because I believe it should give me good range for what I need but the 20mm is a keeper.

Oo okay ty bllimus for the info =)

Was just thinking if I was to go to HN and ask to change the current bundled len (20mm/f1.7ii) to a 12-35mm lens with $$ top-up, do you think its possible? Haha

Btw, how much is a 12-35mm len now. Should I buy 2nd hand len instead?

Unlikely they will change the bundle.. But you can try other shops..
They may do it..

Alternatively you can sell the 20mm..
Should be quite easy to sell..

You may want to consider the olympus 12-50mm..
Especially now that gx7 has body IS..

It is consider quite wide at 12mm..
Quite versatile with zoom range to 50mm..
No forgetting it has a macro mode too..
It can be bought in forum at a reasonable price too..

IQ may not be as good as the constant aperture zooms but it is one of the better kit zooms for m4/3..

They may do it..

IQ may not be as good as the constant aperture zooms but it is one of the better kit zooms for m4/3..

Okay! I shall just use the 20mm kit lens first and get used to it. Will slowly do my learning and research on lens and finally purchase a zoom lens when the time is right!

Thanks all for your patience in helping me out! Will update you when I finally get a hold of it and play with it! Cheers!

I was quoted $1399 for the bundle at HN, you probably can negotiate for lower if you add in extra lense for the total package. Let us know the final outcome. I'm still waiting for body only or with kit zoom bundle.

Panny sg marketing better wake up and offer these options or people will go for the many alternative systems that are competing aggressively!

Everybody else please share your price quotes... knowledge is power!

Bro sorry, can u give me the exact HN branch you got the quotation from? That would help when I hagger the price later! ;)

They may do it..

Please remember according to Panasonic SG, the kit lens you sold to another person will no longer have warranty by Panasonic.

I think out of all the big names in SG, Panasonic has the worst warranty coverage. All the big brands like Nikon, Canon, Sony and Olympus are better. Maybe Digital imaging market is not important to Panasonic SG at all. Feel a bit "sian" for supporting them so far...

Bro sorry, can u give me the exact HN branch you got the quotation from? That would help when I hagger the price later! ;)

HN will match any price you can get elsewhere so I think all their branches are similar so try first the branch closest or most convenient to you.

So let's say you ask at Funan and they think they can "chop" you and say $1499... You have to put on your best "poker" face(no expression) and mention elsewhere I got quoted $1388 can you match the offer? Let's say they want your business(which they always do), they will come back and say our best offer is $1399 cash or Nets only...

At this moment you may want to jump at the offer but just relax and say sorry but elsewhere I can get $1388 leh so my budget is only $1388 no more! Take your time and look around... If they are firm at $1399 you can guess it may be hard to get lower with that salesman but still take your time to decide. You may want to chat a bit about some other lens you are interested in. Try to give impression that if they give you the deal you want which is $1388 you are more likely to buy additional lenses from him in the future(You can explicitly mention this to him if you want). Don't act like a novice, act like you really know your stuff which you do.

If he does not budge and you are happy with $1399 then confirm that this price includes all the freebies of 16G card, case and GST and get it there. Otherwise proceed to another shop to get "your price" or to repeat the process...

Sometimes, the salesman on seeing you walk away may call you back to give you your price, sometimes not. Over time even if you do not get your price, you learn the art of bargaining and more likely to be successful with more tries.

Best of luck. If all fails -- I got quoted at HN parkway at $1399(meaning they are very willing to sell at $1399).

Knowledge is power.

HN will match any price you can get elsewhere so I think all their branches are similar so try first the branch closest or most convenient to you.

So let's say you ask at Funan and they think they can "chop" you and say $1499... You have to put on your best "poker" face(no expression) and mention elsewhere I got quoted $1388 can you match the offer? Let's say they want your business(which they always do), they will come back and say our best offer is $1399 cash or Nets only...

At this moment you may want to jump at the offer but just relax and say sorry but elsewhere I can get $1388 leh so my budget is only $1388 no more! Take your time and look around... If they are firm at $1399 you can guess it may be hard to get lower with that salesman but still take your time to decide. You may want to chat a bit about some other lens you are interested in. Try to give impression that if they give you the deal you want which is $1388 you are more likely to buy additional lenses from him in the future(You can explicitly mention this to him if you want). Don't act like a novice, act like you really know your stuff which you do.

If he does not budge and you are happy with $1399 then confirm that this price includes all the freebies of 16G card, case and GST and get it there. Otherwise proceed to another shop to get "your price" or to repeat the process...

Sometimes, the salesman on seeing you walk away may call you back to give you your price, sometimes not. Over time even if you do not get your price, you learn the art of bargaining and more likely to be successful with more tries.

Best of luck. If all fails -- I got quoted at HN parkway at $1399(meaning they are very willing to sell at $1399).

Knowledge is power.

AGREED! Knowledge is power!
Will try my luck at bukit batok branch, update you guys soon!

Please remember according to Panasonic SG, the kit lens you sold to another person will no longer have warranty by Panasonic. I think out of all the big names in SG, Panasonic has the worst warranty coverage. All the big brands like Nikon, Canon, Sony and Olympus are better. Maybe Digital imaging market is not important to Panasonic SG at all. Feel a bit "sian" for supporting them so far...

+1000000

Do you all buy warranty for the camera? Given 1 year warranty

finally bought my camera, am a proud owner of the GX7! Ty Pennystock, thanks to you I got a slightly even lower price than what you mentioned.

Also, many thanks to Keithwee for helping me throughout the way! =)

Time to go and learn how to use the camera! =) ;)

Harvey Norman can bargain one meh ?

I used to know a manager at HN and only the manager got authority to reduce price. (Not bargaining, he just give you his best price).

But now the manager left liao.

Can PM me the name of the person with authority ?

I thought Harvey Norman always quote at RRP ? No

Thanks

finally bought my camera, am a proud owner of the GX7! Ty Pennystock, thanks to you I got a slightly even lower price than what you mentioned.

Also, many thanks to Keithwee for helping me throughout the way! =)

Time to go and learn how to use the camera! =) ;)

Congrats to your great purchase. I have to hand it to you that you did manage to pull it off! Always nice to bravely try something and be rewarded when you succeed. Heh heh. So the next person should TRY for a lower price than what you already achieved? Heh heh.

Enjoy your excellent camera and :bsmilie:no regrets if someone else manage to bargain for an even lower price.

Harvey Norman can bargain one meh ?

I used to know a manager at HN and only the manager got authority to reduce price. (Not bargaining, he just give you his best price).

But now the manager left liao.

Can PM me the name of the person with authority ?

I thought Harvey Norman always quote at RRP ? No

Thanks

No, I did not get the name of the salesman who gave me the quote because I did not buy at that price -- I expect lower. Just for your info, the RRSP for Gx7 bundle is $1649 as stated on their printed flyer. He first quoted me at $1499 but I know that is only a starting price to bargain down! :bsmilie:

Try your bargaining skills, if the price is not right for you, your money stays in your pocket. Good luck.

To share my knowledge, I managed to get it off at $1380 for the bundle at HN (westmall ).. Do note that they would be more willing to lower the price if you would pay by NETS and not credit card (as there will be no credit card fee).

I told them saying that parkway HN selling for $1380 and the salesperson went to check the system and did some calculation. He said nope dont have such thing, I remain firm and confident (as instructed by pennystock) and they proceeded to ask me my mode of payment. When I said NETS, his colleague quickly jumped in and say ok, deal! The rest was history. All the best people!! ;)

Knowledge is power!

Last edited:
Oh for sure! He tried to poison me with his 75mm 1.8

Haha, ok. One thing I like abt this chap is he is very willing to try whatever u r interested in ; even allowing u to walk around Funan with it unattended.

Look for Vincent at Harvey Funan. He is the head of their imaging dept. Very nice patient guy.

Wah, $1380, Nowadays HN price is very competitive! Good for consumer!
I always thought that I should stay away from HN, BD, courts, gain city...when purchasing camera gears. :)
The world has changed.