News Flash: TT Durai Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems he did a whole lot wrong than just this little side note. What happen to him getting paid extra while seeming to get less? Won't they like to include all those in his case?

Serves him right. Give him at least 10 years.

this is orchestrated with such timing so as to soothe away a potential hot issue in the coming ge. good foresight for the ruling party. more votes for khaw.

even judges do not have such leeway when it comes to sentencing.

philliptan said:
It seems he did a whole lot wrong than just this little side note. What happen to him getting paid extra while seeming to get less? Won't they like to include all those in his case?

Serves him right. Give him at least 10 years.

latest news, tt durai, loo, richard yong and an indian person are charged in court today with various offences.

The current charge is only from the CPIB and CID, next charge would be from MOM, and I am not sure IRAS will have charge after that.

only 2 charges?? CBT of $5000 and $20K? You mean, that's all they can come up with from the 330+ pages of the KPMG report?? That's peanuts. Oops, pardon the pun....

hope it's not going to be a "dont do that again, you naughty boy.....(slap on the wrist)."

major_tom said:
only 2 charges?? CBT of $5000 and $20K? You mean, that's all they can come up with from the 330+ pages of the KPMG report?? That's peanuts. Oops, pardon the pun....
yeah only 5k & 20k??? not even a peanut (that's <5% of the peanuts- 600K) where are the "millions" ;p

ricohflex said:
...law when used to uphold the rights and dignity of the downtrodden is beautiful
but it can be misused and abused.
Well, much as all of us would live in such an ideal society where it works, economically prosper, full democracy and everyone thinking nice ideals and thoughts like these, I dun think it will work in the societies of today.

Dreams will be dreams. Such a thought its nice. But I guess in this world, the law works for those with the sharpest, sugar coated tongue with buckaroos and power to boot... unfortunately.

Klose said:
On Ch 5 news. TT Durai has been arrested. Will be charged tmr. :bigeyes:

Sorry to post something TOTALLY UNRELATED to this topic:

The General Election 2006 is coming!!

Let me reiterate, the above has absolutely nothing to do with TT Durai's charges.

Oh wow, I was in sub court this morning and there was a horde of photographers outside; all ready and standing by to aim :eek:

And i thought that it was an exceptional big lot of photographers were waiting for subras.... :think:

Now I know.

Astin said:
The most interesting question is, where does TTD keep the money now?
Tupperwares of course ..... guarantee freshness for life ...:bsmilie:

it is a big disappointment that two 'miscellanous' charges were brought against tt durai. it seemed that major charges, if any, need more time to look into or looked into and will not stick.

according to st, the charges were brought under the 'rarely invoked section 6(c) of the Prevention of corruptiuon act'.

*munch popcorns*

This wayang show very nice! :thumbsup:

i might add this. cad announced yesterday that it had completed its investigation into nkf and will not be filing charges against anyone else.

reachme2003 said:
it is a big disappointment that two 'miscellanous' charges were brought against tt durai. it seemed that major charges, if any, need more time to look into or looked into and will not stick.

according to st, the charges were brought under the 'rarely invoked section 6(c) of the Prevention of corruptiuon act'.

Status
Not open for further replies.