Newbies Outing (Part 8) - April 21 (wednesday) 1830hrs; City Hall area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, this is one of my rare night outing. I am sunrise person.
I need inspiration myself :embrass:

Still @#$% about me being in senior section. I did have this taken last Sat though. Or this lopsided one. :embrass:

Passed! Can ! :bsmilie: very nice !

Last edited:
unfortunately it's really really full house already. Perhaps the next outing... you have to keep checking the outings subforum! :) Newbies Outing is like Apple iPad launch! :)

oh... by the way... WELCOME TO CLUBSNAP!
SHOOT MORE
POST MORE
LEARN MORE
Thx! Haha! iPad launch huh! Yes I will check more regularly :)
Still learning the site it seems quite complicated to me for now :p
Look forward to Newbies Outing Part 9 then! ;)

will lowering exposure compensation with longer exposure works to achieve what you want? just curious.

Nope, in the picture the sky exposure looks good, but the building are underexpose. What i'm saying is wait for another few min where the sky turn darker, when the sky darker the sky exposure will be closer to the building exposure. Shoot at this timing will give you better result which having great exposure on both sky and building... sorry for my bad english :p

my bad...
I just carry on the mistake made by the person before me. Should have been more careful.
however, the thirteen person should thanks for this careless mistakes... ;p

sori sori.....no no angry.....:)

To those "seniors" in the list, could you kindly send me your best night cityscape shot (preferably of Singapore CBD skyline) to my email kevinlim@hotmail.com ?
Just a reduced size eg. 640x480 will be fine. This is just for 'inspiration' to the newbies... :)
I will put it up like a collage of all the shots.

Sorry Kevin, i'm going on this outing to take the landscapes. I don't have any nightshots of the CBD. I'm a people shooter. :dunno:

Nope, in the picture the sky exposure looks good, but the building are underexpose. What i'm saying is wait for another few min where the sky turn darker, when the sky darker the sky exposure will be closer to the building exposure. Shoot at this timing will give you better result which having great exposure on both sky and building... sorry for my bad english :p
actually... strange as it sounds, that was my intended result... :)
I deliberately tried to achieve a slight silhouette against the dusk sky. I do have more shots from slightly later on.
Well, I don't have one just SLIGHTLY later, coz I think my gf stole the tripod to use... hahaha. I know what you're trying to say though.
Well, maybe on 21 Apr the sky will be better and I can try what you were saying!

Sorry, this is one of my rare night outing. I am sunrise person.
I need inspiration myself :embrass:

Still @#$% about me being in senior section. I did have this taken last Sat though. Or this lopsided one. :embrass:
your first photo is :thumbsup:
I know fuji will like it, coz of the blue-ness :)
But really good.... clap clap!

your first photo is :thumbsup:
I know fuji will like it, coz of the blue-ness :)
But really good.... clap clap!

hahaha! Bro .. u know me too well ! No blue sky ... no take ... no take .. no good !:bsmilie:

However, the blue is too cold on the hotel buildings. So watch out for that coldness.

SMile
Fuji

Last edited:
Wow....Seniors seniors....u will all teach me to take such shots right....

Wow....Seniors seniors....u will all teach me to take such shots right....
No...
We only teach you the basics, such as:

1) How to insert the battery into your camera
2) How to power on your camera
3) How to mount/dismount lens (if DSLR.... if not, tough luck!)
4) How to screw/unscrew filter from the lens
5) How to mount on tripod
6) How to depress the shutter release

;)
quite comprehensive lessons right??

No...
We only teach you the basics, such as:

1) How to insert the battery into your camera
2) How to power on your camera
3) How to mount/dismount lens (if DSLR.... if not, tough luck!)
4) How to screw/unscrew filter from the lens
5) How to mount on tripod
6) How to depress the shutter release

;)
quite comprehensive lessons right??

You forget to add ...
0.1) How to know it's your camera
0.2) How to take out your camera from the bag
7) How to give thanks to the trainer

Hehehehehee.

Just kidding.

Cheers!

hahahah that one not 'newbie' training... that one is 'idiot' training :)

i like your point #7 though :)

actually... strange as it sounds, that was my intended result... :)
I deliberately tried to achieve a slight silhouette against the dusk sky. I do have more shots from slightly later on.
Well, I don't have one just SLIGHTLY later, coz I think my gf stole the tripod to use... hahaha. I know what you're trying to say though.
Well, maybe on 21 Apr the sky will be better and I can try what you were saying!

IC, not strange actually, just different taste.:)

IC, not strange actually, just different taste.:)

Haha. How true. I think initially we will all try to learn as much as we can, and then we start choosing our idols whom we try to emulate and learn more, before deciding to move in certain directions.

See you guys on Wed and hope I can learn from you all too.

can i join? =) i can tag along with wild cat, i juz started photography not long ago, and wish to learn more. as i will be also in town in at noon time, so i can stay around and join u guys @ night for shoots

You forget to add ...
0.1) How to know it's your camera
0.2) How to take out your camera from the bag
7) How to give thanks to the trainer

Hehehehehee.

Just kidding.

Cheers!

Thank you thank you...I feel so loved....I I learn the point #7 already...:sticktong

can i join? =) i can tag along with wild cat, i juz started photography not long ago, and wish to learn more. as i will be also in town in at noon time, so i can stay around and join u guys @ night for shoots

Hey, suggest you confirm with the organizer first. I think there's a waiting list already so it also won't be fair if we started slotting people in ahead of the queue ;)

Hope you understand. I am also just a follower in this outing, so will abide by organizer rules.

'Seniors':
1) wildcat
2) Ghaz1
3) frankchn
4) goldrush20
5) jimjo
6) dingaroo
* special guest star) frans84

'Newbies':
1) Purpleheart
2) scubagolfer
3) mrs scubagolfer
4) mickeymm
5) buzzybee
6) bangbangkapjie
7) coolthought
8) David (coolthought's friend)
9) supersimon27
10)tealeaves (henry)
11)Jewlow (Lester)
12)Jemhadar
13)klkow

Reserve List:
1) katharine
2) DudeKia
3) calogan
4) kokster
5) randy (friend of kokster)
6) reneey

looking forward to our special guest...

To be fair to the others who have also requested to join but I've told them no, I can't just slot you in.

The group is already quite large as it is. Even if we have a 90% turnout it's gonna be rather substantial. The biggest newbies outing ever.
I can't please everybody I know, but I'll have to stick to my principles. So sorry about that.

We look forward to you joining us next time we organize another outing! :)
Perhaps I'll give some advance notice of the thread opening, like "it will be started on ______ @ _____am", how about that?
Really sounds like Apple Store launch of iPad! :)

To be fair to the others who have also requested to join but I've told them no, I can't just slot you in.

The group is already quite large as it is. Even if we have a 90% turnout it's gonna be rather substantial. The biggest newbies outing ever.
I can't please everybody I know, but I'll have to stick to my principles. So sorry about that.

We look forward to you joining us next time we organize another outing! :)
Perhaps I'll give some advance notice of the thread opening, like "it will be started on ______ @ _____am", how about that?
Really sounds like Apple Store launch of iPad! :)

I guess maybe we should put entry fee :bsmilie: !

Status
Not open for further replies.