Newbies need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Kwai

Aug 13, 2006
Hi guy I'm very new in photograhpy and had bought my self a 2nd hand SLR for my comming basic photograhpy course which start next month but at this moment I had not touch my SLR cause don't how to begging and it look complicated to me ,I use to own those cheap camera that cost not more than hundred fifty but that kind of camera was totally difference from the SLR,can any body give me some advice, I really feel like trying it out when I see some thing beautiful but just don't how to use it.:dunno:

follow the instructions in the manual? :think:

Also good if you say what make and model of the SLR is. Then maybe someone who has it can start giving more helpful comments.

Using the camera is the easy bit, finding something to use it on is the challenging part.

There are plenty of tutorials on the web which can help you get started. They involve a bit of reading so make some time. The following one explains basic photography in clear and simple terms, there are pictures to aid in the explanation. I suggest you start from the first tutorial. Good luck.

http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/toc.html

My advise is go for the course first. You will have plenty of time to shoot later. At least know the basics.

Hi welcome,

Don't stress yourself. Just read up a bit on the basics like shutter speed, aperture and the different parts and components of the camera you are using. Enjoy the course and learn along the way. :thumbsup: Don't worry too much.

By the way, which camera did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.