Newbie Suggestion for backpacking

GoclPa

Jan 17, 2002
Pasir Ris, Singapore
hi all
i'm planning a backpacking trip(New Zealand) for 6 mths and would want to record my experiences there.

Any suggestions for a lightweight package camcom or a dslr instead?

i would go with a video dslr a travel tripod a kit lens and lots of ND. i really like the 18-135 on the canon 7d.

NZ's beauty is too jaw dropping to capture without shallow depth of field. (for the close ups that is)

i would go with a video dslr a travel tripod a kit lens and lots of ND. i really like the 18-135 on the canon 7d.

NZ's beauty is too jaw dropping to capture without shallow depth of field. (for the close ups that is)

yea i agree abt NZ's beauty. so what do i look for in the travel tripod and what is ND? ND filter?

yea many places to explore.. so want the memories of it

Just bring everything. Going to such a beautiful country like NZ you're going to need everything! Try not to film to much on your dslr.

Consider mirrorless rangefinder style cameras like Lumix GF-1 or Olympus Pen. For mac user, obvious choice is Lumix GF-1. Autofocus in video mode. shallow DOF. Interchangeable lens. No overheating. Very small body. Records in Motion Jpeg Quicktime for easy editing.
http://vimeo.com/videos/search:GF-1/60495592

Go with a dslr like the Canon 550 or 7d to capture video. It is quite worth it.