Newbie need help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alving9

Mar 22, 2005
hi guys..I am new but very keen in DSLR (350D)...

Can this model take good fishes photo? if not any model to reccomend? Remember I have not use any SLR cam b4....
pls help me...

Thanks.....
And also is there any class to help u in using yr own cam?

alving9 said:
hi guys..I am new but very keen in DSLR (350D)...

Can this model take good fishes photo? if not any model to reccomend? Remember I have not use any SLR cam b4....
pls help me...

Thanks.....
And also is there any class to help u in using yr own cam?

When u say fish photos, are u referring to underwater photography? Or thru the fish tank?

Anyway, what's important is the lens that is used, not so much the camera body itself.

I think most users here learn how to use their new cams by trial and error, or join photoshoots with fellow users. It takes more than just classroom hours to even begin to fully utilize a DSLR.

i refer to fish tank photo....sorry didnt mention...

if its solely for taking aquarium photos .. i don't see the need for a dslr ... but thats just my opinion..

anyways bear in mind that u mostlikely won't be able to use flash .. .or would have to put your lens right up to the glass if u want to avoid reflections ...

Pretty heavy investment just for shooting fish. Maybe you may want to consider a prosumer cam since you have not use a SLR before. You can save a fortune this way and still get your shots.

alving9 said:
i refer to fish tank photo....sorry didnt mention...

Hi, I am Joanne. I know that my husband Stanley Lim know how to take, maybe he can help. You can come down to Stanley Lim Colour Centre at 122, Middle Road #02-03 Midlink Plaza if you really need some advise from Stanley (But give a call before you come hp no: 98583502).

jbma said:
Pretty heavy investment just for shooting fish. Maybe you may want to consider a prosumer cam since you have not use a SLR before. You can save a fortune this way and still get your shots.
but i also wanted to get a good one for other purposes also like touring etc....

btw... wat is the best cam DSLR for taking fish tank photo and many other general occasions photo without having to buy another lens if possible...

aiyah...
PM hwchoy...

he's been doin it for a long time...i tink he got some fish forum also...

this tank question every two months got ppl will ask...every two months i also refer them to unker choy..

cheers..

A good DSLR with a cheapo lens (low quality) will not get u anywhere. Better off using a good prosumer camera.

for DSLR, u need to buy a macro lens lor... normal lens just can't focus with near distance...

for prosumer, can do near macro, if need be, can even pop a closeup filter in...

btw macro lens ain't exactly cheap... thats something you have to take note...

snowspeeder said:
Just a D70 w/ a 50mm f1.8 lens
is that a kit lens or u buy separate then how much... then if i buy a 350D will the kit lens produce same effect as yours? if not then do i buy a 50mm f1.8 lens will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.