Newbie first shooting outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many pics in your gallery to comment on. Why not choose one that you think is the best and post it here, and we will do our best to help. :)

Wiz, try using FINE quality instead of NORMAL. I realised that a lot of details are lost by using NORMAL (approx 550KB per 3MP file) compared to FINE (approx 1.3MB per 3MP file).

Mpenza, if you happen to read this thread, do try out FINE mode too, coz i realised most of your test pics are in NORMAL mode too.

Originally posted by ziploc
There are too many pics in your gallery to comment on. Why not choose one that you think is the best and post it here, and we will do our best to help. :)

Maybe I am doing something wrong here. I have been trying to upload pics to coolconnect and fujifilm.com.sg and do a link from there. But the URL always appears instead of the pics.:( any idea what went wrong.

Originally posted by wiz

Maybe I am doing something wrong here. I have been trying to upload pics to coolconnect and fujifilm.com.sg and do a link from there. But the URL always appears instead of the pics.:( any idea what went wrong.
do an example then we see.......

Originally posted by Bluestrike

do an example then we see.......

Thanks can already

DSCF0047a.jpg

Wiz, the size you used is a little too big, and the compression level seems too low. Coz the quality is quite bad. Try resizing your original pic to 600 x 450 and save as jpeg using compression level 8.

Hope you dun mind me editing one of your pic. I only resized and applied Unsharp Mask. There, dun this looked a little better? ;)
post01.jpg

Originally posted by azone
Wiz, the size you used is a little too big, and the compression level seems too low. Coz the quality is quite bad. Try resizing your original pic to 600 x 450 and save as jpeg using compression level 8.

Hope you dun mind me editing one of your pic. I only resized and applied Unsharp Mask. There, dun this looked a little better? ;)
post01.jpg

erm, wat does the unsharp mask filter in PS actually do?

Originally posted by azone

OK will try that once I get home tonight :)

I have reposted the pictures to make it more viewable.

Comments pls. :)

Originally posted by butters

erm, wat does the unsharp mask filter in PS actually do?

Unsharp mask or USM for short (dun confuse it with Ultrasonic motor in Canon SLR lenses..) is an action in PS that 'sharpens' the areas in which it detects a contrast...dun really know how it works but it helps sharpen and bring out more detail in a picture...

Originally posted by zapp!

Unsharp mask or USM for short (dun confuse it with Ultrasonic motor in Canon SLR lenses..) is an action in PS that 'sharpens' the areas in which it detects a contrast...dun really know how it works but it helps sharpen and bring out more detail in a picture...

ic, thanks... learnt something new today...:p

so basically unsharp mask is to sharpen the contrasting details? whereas normal sharpen is to sharpen everything? when should each of these be used? any good ps tutorial sites ard?

Status
Not open for further replies.