New Zealand Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotmilo

Oct 5, 2005
Sharing some shots recently taken on a holiday in New Zealand. There was plenty of opportunities to capture spectacular landscapes and scenery which can't be found elsewhere.

Please feel free to comment. I am taking small learning steps in photography.

Hope you like the shots too.

1) The historic Government Building at Rotorua
IMG_4111.jpg

2) Olive trees lining a farm slope
IMG_4228.jpg

3) Hand-feeding an alpaca
IMG_4238.jpg

4) Grazing sheep and a duck make a happy farm
IMG_4246.jpg

5) Artist's Palette, Waiotapu Thermal Reserve at Rotorua is Nature showing its "true colours"
IMG_4326.jpg

More to come.....

6) Swan, Lake
IMG_45561.jpg

7) Lazy afternoon by the lake shore, Rotorua
IMG_4567.jpg

8) A curious seal from afar, or was it me who was curious?
IMG_4689.jpg

9) Climb onto someone's head
IMG_4792.jpg

10) "Mini" locked out
IMG_4793.jpg

continued....

11) A "sting" among the flowers
IMG_4804.jpg

12) Alfresco at its best
IMG_4936.jpg

13) St Catherine's Cathedral
IMG_4976.jpg

14) In its evening glory
IMG_5071.jpg

15) Inside the cathedral
IMG_5037.jpg

more...

16) Summer is around the corner
IMG_5172.jpg

17) On the way up the Alps
IMG_5228.jpg

18) Still going up the Alps
IMG_5232.jpg

19) The Alps
IMG_52971.jpg

20) Serenity and peace
IMG_5394.jpg

21) Tranquility
IMG_5418.jpg

22) The majestic Fox Glacier
IMG_54561.jpg

23) Nature's artwork
IMG_5465.jpg

24) A stream from melted snow and ice
IMG_5469.jpg

25) "The plane, the plane"
IMG_55901.jpg

26) The spectacular Lake Wanaka
IMG_56052.jpg

27) Another breathtaker from Lake Wanaka
IMG_56081.jpg

28) Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown with The Remarkables in the background
IMG_5644.jpg

29) For the thrill-seekers, speed boat on Lake Wakatipu
IMG_5651.jpg

20) Tasman Sea as seen from Knight's Point
IMG_5543.jpg

Nice series. Lovely NZ!:thumbsup:

nice....

and go easy with the saturation...

cheers....

Lovely photos...brings back fond memories of my own holiday in mid november. The picture titled 'Tranquility' is very familiar...might have stayed in that hotel also while on the way to Mt. Cook. Looks like you had some fabulous weather there.

hi

could u share some trip info on your nZ trip , eg price, days spend , self tour of package?
i like those pics u took on the lake wanaka. envy envy

cheers

Lovely photos... love the saturation... :)

yep love the colours.. did u use a custom setting for ur colors?

did u go to the ice bergs in the tasman sea?

fantastic series!

Thanks E-Lim, butterspot, kross, fWord, Chiang, SnapSnap, littlejt and djork for viewing and the comments.

kross, djork, viewing the photos in another computer, i agree with you that the saturation may be overdone. now, this gives me a headache.... i have to be mindful every time i use my "under-saturated" laptop. :( thanks for highlighting.

fWord, "Tranquility" was captured at Glenfern Villas, Franz Josef. It was an awesome hideaway. I must say it was the most memorable and mesmerising place that we stayed at throughout our holiday. Well, the weather was pretty damp at times, not to mention extremely chilly. But, I will forget all that when I look back at what there was to offer. :lovegrin: Saying no regrets will be a gross under-statement.

Chiang, we (9 of us in total which included immediate and in-law family members) spent 16 days on both North and South Islands. It was a self-organized tour, with most of the bookings done on line. Accommodation, car hire, train tickets and domestic air travel were all booked on-line. Check out the NZ official tourism website (http://www.newzealand.com/travel/). It has very comprehensive information and unbelievable links. Drop me a PM if you are keen to know more. :cheers:

littlejt, nope, we didn't venture out into the Tasman Sea. We were merely driving by when I captured the pic.

Thanks again to all.

Oh I see...so it's a different motel after all. Yes, I'd say the same about the NZ holiday as well. Just beautiful. I missed it greatly after I returned. The landscape was remarkable. After being stuck in a photographic rut for ages, just being there was enough to make me unzip the backpack, whip out the camera and shoot like there's no tomorrow. Wish we had things like that in Singapore.

A bit oversaturated but nice contrast. What camera/lens did you use? And how much post processing was done?

Thanks for viewing Big Kahuna, eAgle and spindoctor.

fWord, I appreciate the opportunities to shoot in NZ too. You can always find something nice to shoot there, especially the landscapes.

spindoctor, I realized the saturation was overdone after posting, as described in my response to kross and djork earlier. I didn't realize that my laptop was "under-saturated". Most processing were done using levels and saturation. I was using a Canon 350D, mostly with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8. Some of them could have been taken with Canon 28-135.

Status
Not open for further replies.