New to sony Nex-5r and also a newbie shooter

recently i did many fireworks shot... but my MF shots are more blur compare to my 1st tryout using preset AF.. you guys owning Nex-5R uses MF or AF for your fireworks shot? and how u focus when using MF?

recently i did many fireworks shot... but my MF shots are more blur compare to my 1st tryout using preset AF.. you guys owning Nex-5R uses MF or AF for your fireworks shot? and how u focus when using MF?

Your Answer was already in PAGE 1

Yes MF with the native AF lenses are hard, but you have focus peaking to help u.

Your Answer was already in PAGE 1

yes..but i'm asking those other nex-5r user whom did firework shot if they use auto or manual focus..

Another question on focus.. i set mine to AF and there is a small box appear at center.. when i half press shutter .. it focus on the small box.. but at times it become a big dotted box around the screen.. it is because it it unable to detect the focusing point or could it be the lighting i'm in is too dark??

yes..but i'm asking those other nex-5r user whom did firework shot if they use auto or manual focus..

Another question on focus.. i set mine to AF and there is a small box appear at center.. when i half press shutter .. it focus on the small box.. but at times it become a big dotted box around the screen.. it is because it it unable to detect the focusing point or could it be the lighting i'm in is too dark??

It's because of low contrast and low visibility in the night time

yup.

buy a LED flash light with a rating of 100,000 lumens and shine it at where you're trying to focus :)

thanks.. anyway .. i have found out my AF illuminator was on auto.. i off it .. now i can focus more easily on far object..

I used auto AF and focused on the buildings..

Handheld shot using the High-ISO app. 16mm, F/4, 1/60secs, ISO 6400

DSC04157_adj.jpg

Last edited:
I used auto AF and focused on the buildings..

Handheld shot using the High-ISO app. 16mm, F/4, 1/60secs, ISO 6400

DSC04157_adj.jpg

i also did a few fireworks shot during ndp.. but mine effect is different from your.. and most of mine are overexpose..

Last edited:
My fireworks also diff from his..
388155_10150959101456332_1649870686_n.jpg