New Sony a700 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr34mc4st3r

May 2, 2003
Singapore
www.konvergestudio.com
http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/digistill/alpha/firmware/firmware.asp?f=A700&l=en

not sure if applicable to our a700s :think:

Changes:
  • The picture sharpness is better under low contrast conditions.
  • Noise is reduced when working at high sensitivity ISO setting.
  • The flash control is better at close range with a non-ADI control lens.

check out the download link, apparently both from the same source, should be safe to download....now who going to be the first to try this out?

wah! so fast got ver.2 liao!!??
some more stright to the main point, improve on sharpness and noise level.:bigeyes:
thinks sony do it purposely, instead of saying improved i would say unsealing the power of a700. what we got is not the full a700 yet. so how much power is still lock up?:devil:

whoever try it, please please tell us the result!!!!!!;p

wah.. so fast the new firmware is out.. i think Sony is listening to the user... ..feedback feedback!

er... ...actually how to do it? what's recording medium?

haha, too bad i comfirm not the first to try.
all my cable not with me now. at least must wait untill tml.:bsmilie:
will iso 800 to 1600 be nosie free?:think:
i regard iso 100-400 nosie free.:)
so do i join my a700 to the computer?
or must take the cf/ms out? sorry really don't know, did not do any firmware updated before.:sweat:

Recording medium refer to memory storage device e.g compact flash or memorystick

download the self-extracting file {DSCA700.exe} and extract the file {DSCA700.APP} Copy the update file “DSCA700.app” to the root folder of yr cf card

Now insert the cf/ms containing the update file in the camera. Press and hold the MENU button while sliding the POWER switch to the ON position.

Use the multi-selector to highlight "OK", and then press the Center of the multi-selector to confirm. If you select “No”, the operation will be cancelled.
The updating process starts.
When the update procedure is completed, a message appears, stating that the update is completed and that the camera will automatically restart after approx. 5 sec.
Slide the POWER switch to the OFF position after the camera has restarted, and remove the recording medium.
Slide the POWER switch to the On position.
Press the MENU button. The MENU is now displayed on the LCD screen.
Press the DISP (Display) button.
A window will show the firmware version on the LCD screen. Check that the version displayed is “Ver.2”.

i realised

Noise is reduced when working at high sensitivity ISO setting.

lol people already wanting sony to have option to off the NR....seems like the opposite is happening. but not sure if its for the better

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/digistill/alpha/firmware/firmware.asp?f=A700&l=en

not sure if applicable to our a700s :think:

Changes:
  • The picture sharpness is better under low contrast conditions.
  • Noise is reduced when working at high sensitivity ISO setting.
  • The flash control is better at close range with a non-ADI control lens.

A700 pics not sharp enough meh?
Noise control not good enough?

Walao ........... now then tell people ............ :nono:

bro..i often ask myself and those around me...how often do u use high iso and how often do u need razor sharp pic, if u shoot only landscape and still life. use tripod and low iso and stop down the aperture to f8-f11 comfirm pic sharp sharp.
:thumbsup:

The way i see it... Sony is listening to people complaining about soft pics. And they're doing something about it.

:thumbsup:

it has been 4 hours... so any bros here tried? :bsmilie:

tried...pics r at another place..hahah...compared A700 and A100... at my settings..the A100 refuses to lock on subject...still in 'lost' MODE..hehhee...used iso6400...rocks man...:thumbsup:

upgrade the software

tried...pics r at another place..hahah...compared A700 and A100... at my settings..the A100 refuses to lock on subject...still in 'lost' MODE..hehhee...used iso6400...rocks man...:thumbsup:

upgrade the software

wah.. huat ah!!

my setttings were...

50mm
f8
dro- standard only..(no need use +++) ahakss
handheld
iso6400
no flash

:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.