New Person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really want to pay a 5.3k+ premium over the D3 for a mere 42% improvement in linear resolution? Why not buy a D3 for speed and low light, and buy a Canon 5D Mark II for high-resolution full-frame shots for 3.8k, and pocket the leftover 1.5k+ to go party? Very, very few photographers know what they're doing well enough to get this sort of sharpness at the sensor, so for most peeps, D3X images will look the same (or worse) than D3 images.

Buy a D700 instead for speed and ease-of-use, or a Canon 5D Mark II if you need ultimate resolution. I'm serious: the D700 handles much better than the D3 if you don't need the frame rate for sports. :think:

And that's why you can get an A850... D3X sensor at a sub-5DMkii price. Kaboom! ;)

get a second hand entry lvl canon/nikon, if u like it, learn more about ur new dslr, den advance to the higher level :sweatsm:

To me buying a dslr is a very personal thing.
You can get all the inputs from different parties but at the end you may be more confused. Since you are the one who is going to pay and use the camera - it is your decision.

Read the comments from the users in the various photography forums on the models you are interested and make comparisons including cost, features that are important to you etc.
Go to the shops to test out the various brands/models.
Give you a hypothetical example : if your hands is very large however the "best camera" recommended don't give you a comfortable grip would you buy?. It may strain your hands eventually(exaggerated la) then who suffer?

When you have decided which camera to buy ask an experienced photographer/friend along and give you inputs on what to look for and test/check the lens even if it is new.

You can follow the trend of buying well known brands like C & N (still your choice). Many argue that you can never go wrong.
My opinion most entry level dslrs are pretty good for the price you pay.
There seems to be a new trend that the other manufacturers like Panasonic and Olympus eating in a niche section of the market (for M43) and Pentax K-x (entry level dslr).

If you want to enjoy photography you have to learn to use/optimise/sometimes do some innovation with all the features of the camera and take pics that can give you most satisfaction.
Point and shoot cameras also can give you a lot of satisfaction. Sometime I am very amazed with those who can use a pns (say a LX3 camera, non dslr) and give you a vary good macro pics. You can some of these in the macro sections.

At the end of the day, it is the man/woman behind the camera.

Good luck and hope you choose the camera that can give you the most satisfaction, joy and happiness.

theres no ugly pic in photography...when u be at the right time, right place, and right moment...using camera handphone still can snap a superb pic....am i right??

but thanks for the suggestions...im malaysian...heard theres some place at sgpore that i could find all this toys with great price...can tell me where?

but thanks for the suggestions...im malaysian...heard theres some place at sgpore that i could find all this toys with great price...can tell me where?

We have a Price Guide section for a reason. Please look there.

If all you want to do is bum around and go window shopping, I would recommend Funan. Sim Lim Square is full of crooks.

But FYI, generally photographic gear is cheaper in Malaysia than here.

so, for this 2010, i like to start it again...be a "new person" in photograhy...lookin for new dslr (maybe canon or nikon ; which one is leading brand), budget about 1k, and seriously can play wit this toy (their setting, lens and others).....and not too simple bcos im not easily get satisfied, need something new that can explore again again and again..

For a budget of $1k, I don't think you can get anything better than the Pentax K-x

Status
Not open for further replies.