New Pentax Distributor from Oct: APD

APD raised the price of all Ricoh products only recently, so there is likelihood they will do the same for Pentax.

I hope that APD recognizes the warranty registered with EMJAY and continue to maintain the pentaxwebstore @ a competitive pricing. Now in a dilemma whether to cheong the lens now or later :(

Anyone can comment on the pricing of Ricoh stuff?

When i was looking for the viewfinder Ricoh VF 2 for my GXR around 2 months back. When those regular shops quoted me I was surprised the price has increased by about 20%.

Whatver complaints there may be for Emjay, I think they rise above my expectations by being amongst the first (if not the first) to bring in new products giving us bragging rights, opportunities for Fengwei's advance reviews and a chance to own them instead of reading about them from overseas reviews. Also, you can' fault their very affordable pricing too. I think these 2 may suffer with the new owners. Lets hope I am wrong on this.

Also, I do hope very sincerely that our favourite Pentax Service executive will migrate over, otherwise what is pentax without his great and helpful service support ? :)

Last edited:
If Pentax Richo come out with something that is rival among the competitive and price definitely will not be the same ... as current Pentax products are very conservative

This is surely a sad day for Pentax users in Singapore to see Emjay no longer being the distributor for Pentax. The team at Emjay have done a great job in increasing the brand visibility and availability compared to previous distributors in the past. As for APD, have to say that if not for the fact that they distribute a key brand like Sigma, and therefore can leverage on dealers to display Ricoh and other brands in their stable at their dealer's shops, they have not really increased the mindshare of Ricoh cameras very much. So it remains to be seen if they can do better than Emjay. Going by how they price Sigma locally, I'm frankly not optimistic they got a plan and can execute it. The fact that you can't even get the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 in Pentax mount locally is pretty telling... and their pricing sucks...

Last edited:
Hopefully how they price their sigma stuff will not be the way they are going to price pentax stuff, if not can cry liao :(

I hope the reason why they didn't reply my email asking about k30 not related to this

Wow. The new K3 will no longer be attractively priced I guess...

Pentax has a history of being able to think differently from the rest, so I think they should continue on this path, Be interesting and think differently from the rest..

Pentax has a history of being able to think differently from the rest, so I think they should continue on this path, Be interesting and think differently from the rest..

The same should be of APD

well this has to really sark. i had a really good experience with emjay.

sobrietyanonymous said:
well this has to really sark. i had a really good experience with emjay.

Heh... The experience is quite mixed sometimes.

Anyway, the local user community is still here and its always been this community that makes pentax so special.

The main job of the distri is to make money off the user base - its a fact. If product cannot sell, cannot make money, why bother? So if the pricing change, lan lan lor. But if the price increase is matched by greater availability in stores it is really something i can live with.

Fengwei, any chance that we can combine with the Ricoh users in this forum?
Strength in numbers... I suppose.... (and imo the Ricoh users in CS display some of the most consistently good photos on this forum)

Let's wait until the handover is done and see if we can allure those Ricoh users over to Pentax forum :)

Really sad to hear that . Emjay had been serving is really well sia .

Maybe it's time for the ricoh and pentax to join as one .
Maybe our forum group should join also ? We belong to a same family now afterall

Fengwei , possible to suggest to include Ricoh folk into here ?

merge with Ricoh tio bo? hope that side got swee char boh :sticktong

seriously, hopefully with the economy of scale and our strong community, we can exert some influence on APD direction. end of the day, a commercial entity will still make decision that benefit themselves, be it raising price or bring in new lenses. my 2 cents worth to this discussion and also my hope is with the influence of this cohesive community, whatever changes, bad or good, should be with exercised with a certain amount of reasonness and fairness.

i (ricoh user) am right here waiting....

welcome here!! you wont feel out of place as there are a few ricoh/pentax users in the group.

Would be great to have guys like you to contribute more here at Pentax forum :)

maybe the monthly outing can be a joint ricoh/pentax outing? it will be good to reflect this on the thread name as well. looking forward to a bigger community of users!!

Let's not make assumptions so early. Better just wait after the handover and see how it goes.

As why Pentax change distributorship, most likely is because APD has a very long history w Ricoh, and Pentax Ricoh can't have two distributors in such a small market.

But I agree w you guys, most likely Pentax prices will go up. Better just grab the stuff you wanna buy now :)

Yes Fengwei lol , I will try to buy when i sort out my thought, never this indecisiveness in my life as I set out to buy things, stumble here and there>>>>> ,kekeke k30 or ko1 or Q most likely pentax before my trip to Taiwan . Almost buy online until saw Pinholecamera write up on Pentax Q, which I like bexause of portablilty. Went tto Comex also but cannot find :( I found all infos only here :)
New Agent unknown see how ? also K3 24megapixels wow factor , the road to shiokness just arrived .