New Canon 300D Promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholaslee

Nov 16, 2003
Yishun , SG
www.nicholas.proximuz.us
Hi all,

Just recieved an information from a friend. He said canon have just got a new promo for 300D. Free 75-300mm lens with every kit lens purchased. Promotion period 26 - 31 May. Free gift must redeem by 3rd June :dunno: Anyone heard of it? :dunno:

Never heard of it.

if price diff is like 100+ 200.. then buy the package and sell lo..

nicholaslee said:
Hi all,

Just recieved an information from a friend. He said canon have just got a new promo for 300D. Free 75-300mm lens with every kit lens purchased. Promotion period 26 - 31 May. Free gift must redeem by 3rd June :dunno: Anyone heard of it? :dunno:

Yes, jus asked the guy from AP. 75-300mm f4-5.6 will be included in the bundle starts from today. But u hav to claim the lens by urself at Canon service center, Funan.

nicholaslee said:
:think: Will try to find out more. if canon is giving a cheapo 75-300 then not worth it too izzit?

hehehe, of cos the cheapo 75-300 lar, ...... but hope Canon people give wrongly become 70-300 DO :bigeyes:

kayaro888 said:
hehehe, of cos the cheapo 75-300 lar, ...... but hope Canon people give wrongly become 70-300 DO :bigeyes:

yeah man

that lens is absolutely useless and it dims the viewfinder too much
to be of any use except fantastically bright light

$50 buck a lens at the secondhand shop

Sigh...hope you people are not snobs or what...I believe this is a good starter telephoto zoom, despite what others say.

Actually if you need a long lens to shoot daylight photos in the zoo or what the 75-300mm is a good starter lens.

Interestingly, if you need the camera, shouldn't you buy it despite any promotion?

Ah Pao said:
Sigh...hope you people are not snobs or what...I believe this is a good starter telephoto zoom, despite what others say.

Actually if you need a long lens to shoot daylight photos in the zoo or what the 75-300mm is a good starter lens.

Interestingly, if you need the camera, shouldn't you buy it despite any promotion?

Agreed! It defeats the purpose even if you own the best lens or camera.

Like Ah Pao said, this is a reasonable lens to start off with. I had one for over a year and it served me well. Second hand prices around $200 for a well maintained one so it's not super super cheap.

How much is this package?

It sounds like quite a nice deal to me.

You'll have an 18-55mm to cover wide to normal range, then 75-300mm to cover telephoto. No doubt it may not be the sharpest lens or one that gives you best colour rendition, but if all you print out is 4R and just for a hobby, then it's pretty decent. Tripod mounted and shot stopped down the 75-300mm is decent. Remember you get what you pay for. Also this lens is light, and small, very portable.

They are probably trying to clear 300D stocks for maybe a new model, or just trying to compete with the D70 sales, which I'm sure has affected the 300D's sales greatly.

looks like the promo is on. florence from mscolor just called me, telling me abt the lens deal. she thot i bought the cam from her some time back. hmmm... wonder if she's giving me the lens! :bsmilie: fat hope...

its a gd deal :thumbsup:

but i wus wondering itsit an xtra effor t by canon to clear soem stock of 300d , b4 the next new dslr body(true/rumour/whatever) comes into town :think:

Nitrile said:
damn! i just got a 300D kit from AP on monday! :(

See if u could get them to issue u another receipt to backdate it to the date of the promotion. Slow talk to them. It may help provided your warranty card has not been filled up with the actual date of purchase.

redstorm said:
See if u could get them to issue u another receipt to backdate it to the date of the promotion. Slow talk to them. It may help provided your warranty card has not been filled up with the actual date of purchase.
is it really possible?

I got a call from Florence from MS Color as well, she back dated the receipt for me :) I was actually planning to buy the Sigma 75-300mm lens next month, hey now i can save up for other things since i can get this for free :)

So i got this lens and the kit lens, so what other lens do i still need any comments ? I like to take group photo (wedding), scenery and sometimes little things in human life and nature :)

Ivan11 said:
So i got this lens and the kit lens, so what other lens do i still need any comments ? I like to take group photo (wedding), scenery and sometimes little things in human life and nature :)
Group photo.. the 300D kits lens should be enough or can consider the Sigma 12-24mm, little things in human life and nature (macro ?) then can consider Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro or Tamron 90mm SP f2.8 Macro or Canon 100mm f2.8 USM Macro..

Ivan11 said:
I got a call from Florence from MS Color as well, she back dated the receipt for me :) I was actually planning to buy the Sigma 75-300mm lens next month, hey now i can save up for other things since i can get this for free :)

so its actually possible? how do they actually change the date? they issue a brand new receipt? what happens to the old one? i got mine from AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.