New Cameras Coming in or after 2012!

With their unification with Ricoh, they introduce a Pentax "Transformer" range where you can mix and match what you want. Choose from FF, MF, APS-C, mirrorless/mirroor box or compact body, then select LCD screen or electronic viewfinder or optical viewfinder module, choose storage option, CF or SD, then choose lens adapter for the type of lens you want to use, snap all the options together and call it the Pentax Chameleon series! You can even mount a mirrorless module on a FF body to capture image and videos simultaneously....wow...

With their unification with Ricoh, they introduce a Pentax "Transformer" range where you can mix and match what you want. Choose from FF, MF, APS-C, mirrorless/mirroor box or compact body, then select LCD screen or electronic viewfinder or optical viewfinder module, choose storage option, CF or SD, then choose lens adapter for the type of lens you want to use, snap all the options together and call it the Pentax Chameleon series! You can even mount a mirrorless module on a FF body to capture image and videos simultaneously....wow...

Sounds like the RED system.
I'm sure it has been posted many times before.
RED

hope the ff version of K-01 has a built-in viewfinder like the fuji X-1 pro and Olympus OM-D.

Where does it say that there might be a FF version of the K-01? The wording's a bit ambiguous but I think you have misread it.

Anyway that really would be a waste of R&D!

P3ntx said:
Still don't know if RP will really go FF or not???? If there is a wonder the design

I'm sure they'll make it if there's a market for it :)

But based on their current lens line-up, they have an uphill task if they choose to compete on FF. Its not just abt legacy lens support. They need new FF lenses optimised for FF to attract new customers.

To be honest, i'm more excited about when they would release the replacement for the K-5 than a FF camera. But hopefully it won't be a mirrorless.

Why not mirrorless ??? I thought k-01 is already the replacement for K5

Just a personal preference on using OVF than EVF/LV.

Anyway i thought k-01 is totally a different line of camera?

K-01 is not replacement of K-5. The K-5 replacement will probably be annouced at the later part of this year...

P3ntx said:

Its not a k5 replacement. Its more of a "k5 lite" based on a mirrorless design, using the same sensor but less fps.

grahf23 said:
To be honest, i'm more excited about when they would release the replacement for the K-5 than a FF camera. But hopefully it won't be a mirrorless.

It won't la. DSLR is DSLR!

Oh gosh!! This must be the best "anti-virus" update from Pentax! Gonna hold on to my FF lenses and save money for the FF body!!

Crap~ Hopefully next year bah....! Still haven't buy all the FF lenses yet.. Haha!! Need to hunt down just one more elusive lens.. :p

pentaxforum.com recently interviewed reps from Pentax Japan at the sidelines of CP+ 2012...

brief highlights can be found here:
PentaxForums.com to Interview Pentax Japan on Feb 11 - Preliminary responses up! - Page 6 - PentaxForums.com

the full text is still being translated from Japanese.

on FF:

Pentax will only create a full-frame camera if they are able to address a market which would be unique in some way or another (hinted that such a camera wasn't coming in the foreseeable future).

ho hum...

Source from: New Cameras Coming in 2012 « NEW CAMERA

Pentax said R&D is going on for Full Frame and 645D mirrorless!

• All upcoming “DSLRs” of Pentax will have 100% field of view coverage, even for entry level models;
  • The FF and 645D mirrorless is only the personal thinking of the Head himself!

Ricoh said we will see a B&W deidcated compact camera in 2012, Zoom will be added to high end compact Ricoh GR DIGITAL.

• In 2012 Pentax lens unit are coming for Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System

Sounds all pretty good even though it sounds more like a rumor. ;)

P3ntx said:
The FF and 645D mirrorless is only the personal thinking of the Head himself!

What does the above statement means; the head is the dreamer only???

When was the interview done, before they transferred the camera business to Pentax?

edutilos- said:
It won't la. DSLR is DSLR!

Sekali they out with dslt? But ibsure hope you are right! :)

anyone know when is the estimated period that the K-5 replacement will be out?