NEW 300D firmware hack, ISO3200, MLU, focusing selectable

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLU works... :D
ISO 3200 is very very noisy... beware :)

btw, is the beta hack suppose to do everything the previous hack can do? i went to the website, but dunno how to read russian....

Hi, just wondering, is it worth it to put in the firmware hack? Warranty will void rite? Just worried if I should or not..

nickmak said:
Hi, just wondering, is it worth it to put in the firmware hack? Warranty will void rite? Just worried if I should or not..

its really up to u, but if you dun try.. you dunno what you missing :p I love the FEC... I shall wait for a while before I install the beta hack for this version :thumbsup:

simonsng said:
its really up to u, but if you dun try.. you dunno what you missing :p I love the FEC... I shall wait for a while before I install the beta hack for this version :thumbsup:

i wanted to try the old hack. but not sure how to revert back to the canon firmware. do u know how?

btw, nickmak, yup it will void ur warranty. which i why i'm wary of trying...

1) put all of the CF to the origin 300D settings:

2) see red-eye-reduction icon is no longer blinks

3) pc format the card using PC.

4) put in origin firmware

5) on camera switch

Jason H0 said:
1) put all of the CF to the origin 300D settings:

2) see red-eye-reduction icon is no longer blinks

3) pc format the card using PC.

4) put in origin firmware

5) on camera switch

thanks, man! works the same for the beta, right? i'm very interested in the new AF functions. :D

wow.

but seriously i wouldn't try.. no point voiding warranty.

but well
as much as it works or what,
i'd still prefer the 10D over the 300D.. heh :)

People talking about failing this, failing that...
How many times have u heard of someone installed the hack, & failed?
It's all calculated risks la. the chance of it failing it more slim than winning 4D...

sequitur said:
wow.

but seriously i wouldn't try.. no point voiding warranty.

but well
as much as it works or what,
i'd still prefer the 10D over the 300D.. heh :)

well, for 1st batch of 300d users, their warranty almost up anyway... so if they really want MLU, FEC & ISO3200, why not? for $800 diff over 10D, its a well calculated risk, dont u think? :bsmilie:

300D is essentially a stripped down 10D with a crippled firmware.

After so much of dicussion over 300d and 10d I realised that they r apparently the same in features(sooner or later) The onli difference is the body construction.. I prefer black and a more sturdy body of cos!

drebel said:
well, for 1st batch of 300d users, their warranty almost up anyway... so if they really want MLU, FEC & ISO3200, why not? for $800 diff over 10D, its a well calculated risk, dont u think? :bsmilie:
Agree... if your 300D warr almost up, it's worth the hack.. because MLU really cool and some other add fuctions are cool too.
But if you just bought a 300D like me 2months ago, better revert back to original firmware.. ;p
But I did try the hack firmware it works :thumbsup:

hey, the beta works on my 300D! :lovegrin:

the functs most useful for me is the AFoneshot and the FEC. the rest haven't discover uses for it yet. mebbe will try a nite shot to test the mirror lock-up function.

now just pray the set button dun fail me.... :sweat:

hmm... when i try to push it to ISO 3200, my LCD just show 'H". izit something wrong?? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.