Network for photographers' assistants

welcome all, and a big warm re-welcome to all the 'old-timers' to this thread!

glad to see this thread still garner some attention, thanks to my able "assistant"...u know who u are ;)

pity to say there won't be any major upcoming projects anytime soon. but hope everyone can meet up every now and then, to get the 'network' going.

b&s : i still haven't forgotten about the interiors shoot. let's do it...i'm ready! hope you are still kind enough to colloborate on it.

redstone : don't worry...i don't think you are the youngest on the list ;)

aesthetic : sure, you can join! no membership fee required (for now..:devil: :bsmilie: )
received your pm. will reply you soon.

where are the rest of the old-timers?? ling?sake nickk?sushi seng? :)

1. stereobox (photographer's girlfriend's boyfriend, also friend to photographer's girlfriend's friends)
2. angelzhou ( not photograpahers' assistant but photographer's girlfriend, can also rite? =p )
3. yezrah (photographer's girlfriend's friend cum photographer's friend, whom happened also to be a photographer)
4. littledigitalartist
5. unseen (photographer's girlfriend's friend cum photographer's friend, but more of a kaypoh than anything else)
6. p.k (freelancer: photographer, photographer's assistant, graphic designer)[
7.b&s (friend of photog assistant & his gf and the photog)
8. vince123123 (friend of the kaypoh!)
9. redstone (photographer's girlfriend's friend n amateur who loves documenting the cityscape and abstract and architecture photography and looking to improve his skills :bsmilie: )
10. aesthetic

aesthetic and littledigitalartist > you guys can consider some 'title' too =p

redstone > i'm younger than you lah XD

do assistant get paid on the job ?

simon80 said:
do assistant get paid on the job ?

just like photographer, model, MUA, DI artist - some get paid very high, some get the normal market rate, some get paid very low, some do for free

aesthetic said:
1. stereobox (photographer's girlfriend's boyfriend, also friend to photographer's girlfriend's friends)
2. angelzhou ( not photograpahers' assistant but photographer's girlfriend, can also rite? =p )
3. yezrah (photographer's girlfriend's friend cum photographer's friend, whom happened also to be a photographer)
4. littledigitalartist
5. unseen (photographer's girlfriend's friend cum photographer's friend, but more of a kaypoh than anything else)
9. redstone (photographer's girlfriend's friend n amateur who loves documenting the cityscape and abstract and architecture photography and looking to improve his skills :bsmilie: )
10. aesthetic
11. Slivester (not photographer's assistant and not friend, that counts? I am a graphic designer cum speech-writer (oratory) cum art director cum photographer cum clubsnapper cum wants to become friends with you guys though.)

welcome Aesthetic and Slivester

hey slivester, you stay at avenue 9 right?

woodlanders, rock!:D

Ah hello to two old-timers of this thread. Haha.

Stereobox: Yeah, Avenue 9, moving to Woodgrove soon, still in Woodlands though. ;) Yeah, Woodlanders, rock!

AngelZhou: I am sort of a GD intern right now, not posted to any JC/poly yet, sort of jump-starting. :)

Who wants to collaborate with meeeee on some projecttsssss
I only have half a year left in this country so I want to do some interesting projecttssssss.
pppppleeeassse pm me

mattlock said:
I only have half a year left in this country so I want to do some interesting projecttssssss.
pppppleeeassse pm me

lol!

mattlock, your pm box is full.

:bsmilie: just kidding

mattlock said:
pppppleeeassse pm me

how interesting is interesting? :devil:

PS. If not interesting enough you cannot left singapore hor ;p eh, bro, you serious ah wanna go? Dun go leh, later joanna how? ;)

4. littledigitalartist
9. redstone (photographer's girlfriend's friend n amateur who loves documenting the cityscape and abstract and architecture photography and looking to improve his skills )
10. aesthetic
11. Slivester (not photographer's assistant and not friend, that counts? I am a graphic designer cum speech-writer (oratory) cum art director cum photographer cum clubsnapper cum wants to become friends with you guys though.)
12. nickk (Old timer here!)

Just out of curiosity, what is the day rate for an assistant?

Of course, the rates vary depending on experience. What is the range?

Hi Stereobox,
Just saw this very interesting thread...may I join your network please?

Thank you.

grub > mrs stereobox said can =p

hondasleeper > i dont know wether i have the right to say this but i worry the range very big also just like photographer.

AngelZhou said:
grub > mrs stereobox said can =p

hondasleeper > i dont know wether i have the right to say this but i worry the range very big also just like photographer.

I know that there is a range but I would like to know what that range is. If you do know you could PM me.

This is really a good thread because at times I really need good PA for commercial jobs.I would prefer those that are experience in studio equipment and Mac. Best if I can get to know someone who is familiar with HMI and grip. Must be technically inclined and strong. Most of all, someone who is available when I need them. At times, I have shoot that stretch 4-7 days and occasionally overseas shoot.

Grub said:
Hi Stereobox,
Just saw this very interesting thread...may I join your network please?

Thank you.

of course you may!

looking forward to see more works from you =)