Nesting Lynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Jun 30, 2003
Visit site
Lucky shot of a hungry Mom behind its nest (with a white-handed fly prey).

f16, 1/15s, ISO200 Mirror Locked-up, handheld flash -1

35358-large-IMG_3618f.jpg

Nice one Edsel. You always manage to shoot insects feeding on one another. :thumbsup:

I love the colour tones of green to yellow to red. Also fantastic background.

Thanks mate. Nowadays, as the macro standard here is getting higher, we have to capture something interesting. :)

Very good capture. Can always expect something interesting from you. Ever thought of joining <National Geographic>? I think you are good enough. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

** my jaw dropped ** :thumbsup:
wonder why not so many people commenting, may be they like butterfly only. :D

Wow, this is a really great shot. I am just starting out in macro so I can appreciate the effort that must have gone into this shot. Maybe not in the actual taking, but in the hours spent before, learning your craft and waiting for moments like these. Respect!!

Edsel,

Interesting pictures. Very sharp and complimentry colors.

Abdul

Thanks guys! :)

E-Lim said:
wonder why not so many people commenting, may be they like butterfly only. :D
Haha! That&#8217;s a good one, Bro.

I&#8217;ve been in this org for a year now and I already know some, if not most, of the people&#8217;s deeds here. Some will comment based on their subject of interest only, some will comment only if you comment on their photos (return of favor), some just like to lurk around and admire/curse your photos behind the scene. Some are just too busy.

In fairness, a lot of macro shooters here are very objective, they normally give an unbiased comments based on aesthetic and technicalities of the photo regardless Who post it&#8230; Megaweb and Azone (among others) garner my respect in this area.

For what it&#8217;s worth, not the number of comments that matters, but the substance and how those comments can sharpen our skills.

So, continue posting your images even there&#8217;s not much people commenting. Who knows some of them are just lurkers who admire it privately.

edsel :)

Nice shots Sgt.Pepper :thumbsup:
Great overall color tones of the photo & the sharpnes of the subject.

The only thing I find distracting is actually the nest, when you glance into the photo u will immediately attracted by the white nest but it's a bit wash out & not sharp.

FujiS2 said:
The only thing I find distracting is actually the nest, when you glance into the photo u will immediately attracted by the white nest but it's a bit wash out & not sharp.
Thanks for that mate. I'll check if I have something without the nest.

Cheers! :)

Interesting photo with fantastic colors... well done edsel ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phildate said:
Wow, this is a really great shot. I am just starting out in macro so I can appreciate the effort that must have gone into this shot. Maybe not in the actual taking, but in the hours spent before, learning your craft and waiting for moments like these. Respect!!

you are right...it is a great shot.
i always feel shiok seeing this kind of masterpiece :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Agila and D2Hpetter. :)

Thanks to Fujis2 for pointing out that the nest tends to draw more attention, I fully agree with that.
Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Here's another composition that works better for me.
35546-large-IMG_3616.jpg

can send it to NG already :thumbsup:
very nice bg and sharpness on the focused object.
the spider looks so hungry :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.