Negative storage sleeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you referring the plastic or paper type? The paper one is just $0.30 a sheet at Ruby. Can try also Perly Inc http://perlyinc.com.

Hard to say, both types have their fans.
Depends on what you want actually.
I use PrintFile as its easier to quickly id the roll as compared to the paper sleeves. I've tried paper sleeves before, and they turned yellow and the glue holding the sheets together did come apart after a while.
Printfile is not very cheap, but then again, it is cheaper than getting fed up when neg sleeves screw up.

I also want to use print file but apparently their distributor is at KL only. :(

Buying them from Amazon is cheaper but the shipping kills.

Which ones are better?

The good thing about the paper type -apart from the cost- is that your film is less likely to stick on it. Used to have the problem with the plastic sleeve.

In terms of its durability, it is usually less lasting than the plastic ones. But personally I prefer the paper one because I find it easier to remove the negatives from it.

If you have the worry that you cannot see the negatives in the paper sleeves, you do not need to worry about it. I have no problems seeing the negatives through the sleeves. :)

I use Printfile too. The clear sleeves are great because you can put a piece of glass on top of it and make contact sheets from them right away in the darkroom. You won't get that with paper sleeves.

Sadly, I can't find them in Singapore. Probably has to do with the fact that the sleeves are 3-ringed. You can find it at www.printfile.com

a.

Are you referring the plastic or paper type? The paper one is just $0.30 a sheet at Ruby. Can try also Perly Inc http://perlyinc.com.

i need it too..but looks like perly is selling MORE expensive then ruby, average cost is 68cent per piece.

if buy from ruby, 30 cents a piece, 50pc only cost SG15.00.

crazy pricing!!

i got a binder from popular store, now need to look for sleeve for many old picture to achive.

i need it too..but looks like perly is selling MORE expensive then ruby, average cost is 68cent per piece.

if buy from ruby, 30 cents a piece, 50pc only cost SG15.00.

crazy pricing!!

i got a binder from popular store, now need to look for sleeve for many old picture to achive.

You referring to the paper ones? If it is, agreed that Ruby is cheaper. But Ruby plastic sleeves cost $1 each. :(

You referring to the paper ones? If it is, agreed that Ruby is cheaper. But Ruby plastic sleeves cost $1 each. :(

actually paper one not bad to use right? some friend actualling using it. less sticky compare to plastic.

Maybe we can get together and order from US?

http://www.amazon.com/Print-File-Ar...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1220494641&sr=8-6

Including delivery to anywhere in US is 19.55 USD (~28 SGD). Then we can use one of those Borderlinx, ComGateway or something to get it here at cheaper rates.

Print File Archival 35mm Size Negative Pages Holds Seven Strips of Six Frames, Pack of 100

i need this one, 14.90 seem ok to me if getting 100 piece. let me know if u guy mass order.

actually paper one not bad to use right? some friend actualling using it. less sticky compare to plastic.

Yup, I use the paper one and it is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.