Need ur advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrbar

Jul 17, 2006
Hi..
Im thinking of buying a new digicam since my old one cannot be used and has no more warranty. below is the list of digicams im interested in:

1) Sony DSC H5
2) Canon S3 IS
3) Canon S80
4) Fuji F30

which one would u recommend? or is there any other camera u would suggest?

thanks a lot!

S3IS....

its a nice camera...there are thread under canon fourm you can go have a look... They have post their pics taken by that camera...looks good..

And welcome to CS...enjoy your stay here...

thank you.. will do just that.. and i will enjoy my stay here ;-)

anyone else with the same opinion that S3 IS is good?

I also wanted to buy canon A620 but it is an old model.. and already discontinued..

If that's the case, why not just get the S3 IS? When one has too many choices, one gets spoiled... just get one and start shooting ;)

okay.. i have feedback saying that sony h5 image quality is better than S3 IS..

is that true? im looking for the best picture quality among the list stated and any cameras in their class....

To do that you will need to go to a shop, shoot, then view off their monitors. Those you see on the web probably edited liao.

also.. i would prefer one with a waterproof casing or underwater casing...

my old camera cannot be used cos of rain.. =( downpour when i was shooting..

Just wrap a plastic bag around can liao. No need waterproof casing lah :bsmilie:

i dun wanna take the risk...i feel assured with a good quality casing rather than a plastic bag, rite?

nrbar said:
i dun wanna take the risk...i feel assured with a good quality casing rather than a plastic bag, rite?
The risk is minimal, unless it's soaked in water, a plastic bag actually is pretty enough. There's no gaurantee a water casing won't seep water in after prolonged usage.

Not to mention a water casing normally can cost the same or more than your camera itself. ;)

just check the canon website for you... did not see any underwater stuff for S3IS..

westwest1 said:
just check the canon website for you... did not see any underwater stuff for S3IS..
yeah i also checked sony's site... no underwater but have waterproof jacket....

also, for canon s80, it has underwater casing..

but, that does nt matter cos i wont go diving any time soon...

but for waterproof jacket.. i find it useful, though a plastic bag may seem enough...

hmmm.. now im undecided..

thanks for ur help guys.. i got to sleep now.. waking up tmr morning for early run before heading to office...

will check this thread tmr for any updates.. thanks and nitez

if u looking for water proofing, my fren bought a sealed bag for his compact. it worked well, he tried take shots in the water and the cam was dry. we try putting a tissue in and submerged it and things came out dry! jus that it might be a little tough to handle the cam...

to say the truth..... i heard that such casing are very ex.... so....

zcwnfx said:
if u looking for water proofing, my fren bought a sealed bag for his compact. it worked well, he tried take shots in the water and the cam was dry. we try putting a tissue in and submerged it and things came out dry! jus that it might be a little tough to handle the cam...

to say the truth..... i heard that such casing are very ex.... so....
hmm.. good point..

so i guess i shd go down and test both Sony H5 and Canon S3IS unless anyone can tell which one is better? anyone tested both before?

just go and try for yourself. I feel that camera is quite a personal thing. You have to handle, touch and feel

grumpy said:
just go and try for yourself. I feel that camera is quite a personal thing. You have to handle, touch and feel

yup yup agreed totally...

but if its me.... i would for for S3IS for sure :p haa haa....

then again... D200 might be better... or D2Xs! :p

zcwnfx said:
yup yup agreed totally...

but if its me.... i would for for S3IS for sure :p haa haa....

then again... D200 might be better... or D2Xs! :p
I see zcwnfx learns very fast hor :lovegrin:

anyone know of any shops that offers the best price? for sony h5 and canon S3IS

nrbar said:
anyone know of any shops that offers the best price? for sony h5 and canon S3IS

err....think the price now is around $750 with gst with some freebies...

but not sure about the price now liaoz ...:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.