Need help with these lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo

I was comparing this len to the canon 28-105 MKII USM. Not very sure if they have any compatability issues with 300D. BTW anyone using these lens out there? Also does any kind souls know roughly the prices of these lens? :dunno:

Sigma Lenses
28-105mm f/2.8-4 Aspherical
28-105mm f/3.8-5.6 UC-III Aspherical IF
28-135mm f/3.8-5.6 Aspherical IF Macro

Another question, does brand new canon len say, 28-105 come with the hood?

TIA for all those responding! ;) :thumbsup:

Bobo said:

Nope its does not comes with lens hood (I'm using this lens now), its would be adviceable to use back Canon lenses as other 3rd party lenses might not be compatable (Its sometime or always show error on the LCD screen)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Henry

ammox77 said:
Nope its does not comes with lens hood (I'm using this lens now), its would be adviceable to use back Canon lenses as other 3rd party lenses might not be compatable (Its sometime or always show error on the LCD screen)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Henry
ok. Then I think better to stick with canon lenses as 300D is rather new. How much you paid for the 28-105? I was offered $300 for a pair of 2nd hand one, worth or not? Or show I get a brand new one for $555?

Bobo said:
ok. Then I think better to stick with canon lenses as 300D is rather new. How much you paid for the 28-105? I was offered $300 for a pair of 2nd hand one, worth or not? Or show I get a brand new one for $555?

Hmm....i got my for 2nd hand also, but i paid mine for less then $300 i think is t about $280++. Till now this lens has not fail me at all abit
, its a very very good lens (although its not those expensive ones but still loving it) oh yeah by the way i got mine from TWC also known as The Camera Workshop

ammox77 said:
Hmm....i got my for 2nd hand also, but i paid mine for less then $300 i think is t about $280++. Till now this lens has not fail me at all abit
, its a very very good lens (although its not those expensive ones but still loving it) oh yeah by the way i got mine from TWC also known as The Camera Workshop

I went TCW yesterday, saw the lens going for $330 :bigeyes: :D

Bobo said:
The 2nd market rate is ard $300-$350 for that len, with or without hood will have to see the seller liao. FYI.

Anyway, do agreed on the part using original lenses. But just sometime, the 3rd party do have some interesting lenses. *tamron 28-75/2.8* :cool:

Bluestrike said:
The 2nd market rate is ard $300-$350 for that len, with or without hood will have to see the seller liao. FYI.

Anyway, do agreed on the part using original lenses. But just sometime, the 3rd party do have some interesting lenses. *tamron 28-75/2.8* :cool:

ok note . thanks. ;)

Bobo said:
I was comparing this len to the canon 28-105 MKII USM. Not very sure if they have any compatability issues with 300D. BTW anyone using these lens out there? Also does any kind souls know roughly the prices of these lens? :dunno:

Sigma Lenses
28-105mm f/2.8-4 Aspherical
28-105mm f/3.8-5.6 UC-III Aspherical IF
28-135mm f/3.8-5.6 Aspherical IF Macro

FYI. Just got a reply from Sigma. Thought of buying the 28-105mm f/3.8-5.6 UC III.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email and inquiry.

The Sigma 28-105mm f3.8-5.6 UCIII lens is fully compatible with Digital Rebel camera.
The compatible lens serial number should be started from "3".

Sincerely,

Sigma Corporation of America
Osamu Arata
15 Fleetwood Court Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Tel: 631 585-1144
Fax: 631 585-1895

www.sigma-photo.com

Bluestrike said:

OT: Goodness bluestrike, what happened to ur Gundam avatar???

gone for sex change liao? :bsmilie: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.