Need help with E-620 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripoffhustler

Dec 2, 2009
After much consideration, I finally bought the e-620.
But there have been a slight problem.
When i attached the lens and tried using it, i zoom on an object after which i tried using the focus ring as the image i see is blur but to no success even after adjusting the focus ring, the image i see is still blurish...
Is this what you guys see? what happen to my lens?
I also interchange to another lens and it was still the same.....
HELP ME!!!

Did you try to use the Auto Focus feature. Does it work as expected?

don't get your question

right now,from what I can understand,or anyone could,you seem to be doing manual focus,hence the image might be blur because the diopeter may not be set for your eyes,hence the images you focus are blur because what you see is not what the camera sees,hence phan_vinh_nguyen is asking have you tried to use the autofocus to see if it's the cameras fault or used wrongly.Read the manual,it teaches you a TINY BIT on photography and teaches you about the camera itself

Is the lens properly installed ? Fully inserted and turned till it clicks ? Is the camera on ? Zoom is mechanical but focus is electronic on the kit lenses. Ifthe electrical contacts are bad or there's no power, nothing will happen

might be ur diopter adjustment.it,s the small bezel shaped beside viewfinder.

if i read it right, he is trying to focus using the focus ring...
you have to be in MF (manual focus) or S-AF+M to be able to use the focus ring. in S-AF or C-AF it wont work, a half-press will focus it

note in S-AF+M you have to half-press and focus first before you can do manual focus.
push the AF button on the 4-way controller to see what AF mode you are on

you do know the difference between manual and auto focus right? if not, dont be shy to tell us, im sure people here will be glad to help

Last edited:
if i read it right, he is trying to focus using the focus ring...

heyy, i think this is the case...

you have to be in MF (manual focus) or S-AF+M to be able to use the focus ring. in S-AF or C-AF it wont work, a half-press will focus it

note in S-AF+M you have to half-press and focus first before you can do manual focus.
push the AF button on the 4-way controller to see what AF mode you are on

and yepp, this is the case.
to use the focussing ring, you need to either be in MF, S-AF+M or C-AF+M mode.

enjoy your e620! it's a great camera. :)

Thankz guys for you great help..
It works now...
Silly me...
I was trying to figure from last nite...
then aft I did some research i realized that i 4gotten to change to the mf mode. Luckily i didn't bring it down to the shop.. Gonna waste on my transport if i did that.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.