need help in ND filter.

Sharing one photo using the GND Blue filter taken in Kranji reservoir over the weekend
Taken with Kx n DAL18-55.

_IGP3939a.JPG

yamakasi -

channel mixer (monochrome) +130 red, -20 green, -10 blue
layer duplicate --> layer type MULTIPLY, erase to show bottom without the effect (layer mask is also good substitute for this), set opacity to 30%
original image desat, layer it over the new one, erase to retain highlight details at the cloud top area

total about 3-4 min job, large version at most to do more cleanly, maybe 10-15 min.

Untitled-1-8.jpg

when you open class???
i queue first...
i got ps but really don't know much about it...:sweatsm:

Just to share some of the pictures taken in Perth last weekend, I am using the slim filter holder together with the Tianya GND filter with my sigma 10-20 and there are no sign of the filter holder at 10mm. I think there is no obvious colour cast produced by the filter as well :)

Evans & Tate vineyard:
4923357198_e0a00ca8c8_b.jpg

This picture is taken at 10mm. Should have shifted the filter holder and lower the gnd instead as tone of the sky does not seem evenly spread-out.

However if you are planning in using the Tianya slip on cpl, do take note that there will be vignetting at 10mm and it only goes away at about 12mm or so.

Perth the sky so blue, you just need a polarizing filter. :D
Yes, lowering the GND more would be better, too uneven atm.

Nice skies and scene btw. :)

Perth the sky so blue, you just need a polarizing filter. :D
Yes, lowering the GND more would be better, too uneven atm.

Nice skies and scene btw. :)

Thanks for the kind compliment, was rushing off to visit other vineyard so did not spend enough time thinking before shooting. It was a pleasure taking photos of the landscape there and I wished I could have stayed longer over there.

Was happy to know that no vignetting was sighted at 10mm :) Hope to hone my landscape skills for nicer landscape to come.

Thanks for the kind compliment, was rushing off to visit other vineyard so did not spend enough time thinking before shooting. It was a pleasure taking photos of the landscape there and I wished I could have stayed longer over there.

Was happy to know that no vignetting was sighted at 10mm :) Hope to hone my landscape skills for nicer landscape to come.

I am really surprised there's no vignetting! DA 12-24 will surely have. Even at 12mm!

I am really surprised there's no vignetting! DA 12-24 will surely have. Even at 12mm!

Yes was certain about it, just tested to reconfirm. Were you using the normal holder where u can stack 3 filters or the slim one that can only hold one?

hey guys i bought a Hoya HMC UV(c) filter.

how are your experiences with the filter?

on website it is purported:

The Hoya HMC UV(C) filter is fully coated surfaces increase light transmission and absorb almost all range of UV rays to give clearer and sharper pictures with less haze. The use of ultra clear glass ensures that color balance is maintained. Constant use for lens protection is recommened.

The UV-Haze filter is helpful when photographing mountain and marine scenes, where increased haze threatens to make your photographs indistinct in color and clarity. Absorbs the ultraviolet rays which often makes outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct. A multi-purpose fine-weather filter for color as well as black and white films. Also serves as a permanent lens protector.

Nothing much . except reduce haze. but our lens already SMC le . usually UV filter use for protection of front element only

UV filter is more to protect the lens nowadays.

DSLR sensor is not so sensitive to UV, unlike film, when pple used UV filters or skylight filters to block out UV and give a "warmer" colour to skin tone.

bear in mind though... if getting such filters for protection, get decent ones, like B+W, hoya, kenko or other decent quality glass. even though the camera is not sensitive to UV, lousy quality glass in front of your lens can affect image quality.

no point to put a cheap piece of glass in front of your expensive lens. i threw away one before cos it caused very bad reflection under artificial light :thumbsd: end up getting funny patches on my pix.

Sorry to bring up this thread. But if I were to get one ND filter? Is the ND110 the most versatile one? or should i get another with 6 stops? Also, why is that for B+W 110s, none are multi-coated wow those 2-3 stops one are? I am considering buying a 58mm ND110 for my DA15. Looks quite affordable at $42USD. Also, wonder if you guys have any workarounds to ease the constant screwing in and out of the filters to the lens? And once I put on the ND110, the cameara can no longer meter accurately right? Sorry I ask so much in one go. Having a sudden interest in LE. Thanks!