Need help in choosing budget destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_fisto

May 25, 2005
At home
My friends and I are deciding on a 3 to 4 day trip to either Redang, Phuket, Bali or Bintan. I was browsing through the newspaper and I saw the 3 days trip to Redang by Starcruise at about $300+. The packages to Phuket is a little over budget for me. My budget is about $400 including rooms. Any ideas?

right, I forget to mention I would like places with sun, sand and the sea. =)

hmmm Navy, wait till I get my posting. Getting enlisted in 2 months time.

tioman is a good choice, very good choice, n fr 300 with a few friends, u can really stretch the dollar by alot... check out paya beach resort

My friends and I are deciding on a 3 to 4 day trip to either Redang, Phuket, Bali or Bintan. I was browsing through the newspaper and I saw the 3 days trip to Redang by Starcruise at about $300+. The packages to Phuket is a little over budget for me. My budget is about $400 including rooms. Any ideas?

sentosa.

the rates looks resonable. is it fun?

no. planning to go snockle and maybe learn diving. jungle trekking also.

tioman is a good choice, very good choice, n fr 300 with a few friends, u can really stretch the dollar by alot... check out paya beach resort

beautiful place to go..just came back about a month...try to stay longer..about 1 week...if u want to shoot the whole place.:lovegrin:

Oh well, most of the places I wanna go are all fully booked. No choice, so now its Batam for me. Staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm planning to go dive or snokle. Any suggestions?

Did some research and found out most of the dive sites are at the Nongsa area of Batam. My hotel at the Holiday Inn which is at Waterfront City. Any ideas if there are diving or snorkelling sites there?

been to paya resort at tioman twice...good service, good food and near some provision shop.
if u lucky, u will catch lightnings at the far end...very nice...

Managed to get tickets to Bali this mid-Sept... Sg (Jetstart) -> Bali (Airasia) -> KL (some bus) -> S'pore. S$300. Accomodation yet to decide but it's about S$120 for 4 nights. I can be stingy and decide to go for those US$10/night homestays...

The best the local travel agents can quote me is about S$600++ for the same travel period and for 'free and easy' packages (ie. just flight and lodging). :dunno:

I am assuming that you are going soon. forget about the west cost of Malaysia and Thailand. Monsoon season here, unless you are thinking of holing up in a resort :)

Redang is nice but quite a long trek up there. 10 hours bus ride + ferry. Tioman is a good bargain. Not too far away. Pulau Cebu is also pretty good.

The south side of Bintan is pretty beautiful, just avoid the Bintan Resort area, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.